All reviews wet bar large tv shopping and restaurants free breakfast nice hotel sitting area spacious room the breakfast area great room great place to stay hot breakfast nice stay enjoyed my stay atlanta sofa desk forum
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The rooms are nothing special. Bathroom is way too small and near beds and not door like most hotels. Felt like I needed to stand on toilet to shut the door. Toilet seat was not securely fastened. I did not mention but it was fixed the next day. TV remote was very grungy on back. Breakfast buffet is adequate. Saving grace of this place is the helpful and courteous lobby staff. They all seem to do all functions (drive shuttle van, front desk, work the small bar area, take food orders, etc) and they do it with aplomb and efficiency. I hope management realizes that the lobby staff is the franchise at this place.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Comfortable king room was adequate, and clean - but nothing to flip over. Went for a business trip but brought the family. The room is set up so that the sink, mirrors, and bright lighting is out in the open & all just steps away form the bed, there's a separate room for the toilet & tub. Very close quarters, and if someone is sleeping you can't use the sink without waking them up with both the noise & the light.....no privacy - not impressed at all with that. Another thing I don't like (and apparently this is also the Hyatt Place style) the front desk is connected to the Starbucks pastry case & cocktail bar - it's one big circle. So you're standing there checking in and there is someone standing right next to you ordering a muffin.....I found it all very odd.
Otherwise, there's a nice clubby feel to the lobby and common areas, breakfast is so-so. Eggs and/or waffles are not included and they do not offer pastries or muffins on the buffet because they sell them in the Starbucks area. Breakfast is mainly yogurt, cereal, toast, and not-so-fresh fruit. The fresh $4 waffles are very tasty though. ....the pool is okay and the location in Norcross is very nice -close to lots of shopping, restaurants & the charming downtown area......staff very pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank BlueJayAlumna
Reviewed 28 July 2011

When I first walked into this hotel I thought I had arrived at the wrong door and was in the bar or cafe. After walking around the bar I realized the front desk was somewhat carved-out of the bar area. Interesting.

The rooms were very nice, large screen TV, kitchenette, "lounge" area separate from bed somewhat reminiscent of Austin Powers! My only complaint would be the vending areas are listed on the floor maps but, except for ice machines, there are no soda machines on any floor that I could find. I didn't want to go to the bar for a Coke!

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank khiservice
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a 2 day business trip to Atlanta. It was the very worst experience with a hotel in my entire life! The hotel was full of teenagers without their parents and during the first night, starting at 9:30PM some (5 or 6 of them) of these teenagers started to act like animals inside the rooms right next to mine and in the corridor. They were shouting, banging on the doors, slamming the doors all night long. I called the front desk three times and they were completely indifferent and were not interested into solve the problem, they told me that they would go there to ask them to be quiet but I didn't heard anybody doing that. In despite of the extreme loud noise I was trying to sleep when the animals started to try to open my room's door with their keys and when they realize that they couldn't they started to KICK my room's door. So I had to get up, put some clothes and speak with the animals by myself. At least they started to kick my door but continues with the party shouting and slamming doors till 2AM. Next day, same thing, I called the front desk, same thing and then I called 911 to report a public disorder ongoing. I didn't heard the police arriving becaus eI could fall asleep with noise canceling headphones. When I chose a hotel and my company pays for that I don't expect to need to call the police to assure a quiet and respectfull ambient.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel, this one is terrible
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Ph5150
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Great business hotel: quiet area, clean, large rooms. Breakfast is fine: nothing special, but more than sufficient. Wireless always works first try.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business