1,695 results
All reviews lake room thermal suite terrace bar star hotel heights lounge relaxation area nespresso machine killarney lakes the penthouse upgraded to a suite second to none top class star service from start to finish last weekend fantastic hotel fantastic stay
Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

Really enjoyed our two night stay...the hotel is beautiful, the staff are great and the food is really good...

The views are stunning - really breathtaking...

While it's expensive, it's a real treat and I'd highly recommend for a special occasion

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shuvgo
Aghadoe_Heights, Manager at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2015

Thank you Shuvgo for your delightful review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. The views from Aghadoe Heights are simply breathtaking and never disappoint. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

We have stayed at this wonderful hotel before and it never fails to impress. It has by far the best breakfast of any hotel we have been to. Everything is freshly cooked to order and the buffet selection is comprehensive and delicious. Breda deserves a special mention she is incredibly efficient and friendly. The food in the bar is also delicious and again the staff are super friendly. Nothing quite compares to sitting in the bar with a glass of wine and just taking in the amazing views. The rooms too are lovely with everything you could possibly need and again those views! We had fantastic treatments in the spa. Georgina was an excellent therapist and the relaxation space with fresh fruit, herbal tea and lovely music is by far the best I have experienced. I cannot recommend this hotel enough and we are looking forward to our next stay very much.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sgs67

Thank you sgs67 for your delightful review. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Breeda has been with us for over forty years and takes immense pride in her work and thoroughly enjoys meeting guests and setting them up for the day with a hearty breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

We visited Aghadoe Heights in the first week of May. We had a suite which was decorated in the most peaceful colours. We overlooked the Lakes of Killarney, it was so picturesque. The service we received was unparalleled, Breda at breakfast had the most wonderful demeanour. Michael in the bar couldn't do enough for us and nothing was too much trouble for Brendan the concierge. All in all an utterly fantastic break and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Aghadoe Heights.

Stayed: May 2015
3  Thank gill77Dublin

Thank you gill77Dublin for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Each member of The Aghadoe Team is very passionate about every guest and I am glad that Breeda, Michael and Brendan looked after you so well. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

I bought my girlfriend a two night stay with breakfast both mornings an evening dinner one evening gift voucher, plus a spa treatment, which we redeemed in May 2015. We stayed in a lake side room 303.

Good points:

- Complimentary shuttle bus from Kerry Airport directly to the hotel
- Pleasant relaxing atmosphere
- Excellent service in the lounge piano bar and Lake Room restaurant
- Excellent food and choice
- Spacious room and bath big enough for two

Areas for improvement:

- WiFi connectivity in the room was terrible, I ran a survey from my laptop and it picked up 6 access points, all with a very poor signal. It was strong enough for text emails to trickle through over several minutes but not good enough for browsing the web at all.

- The steam rooms and spa is at the opposite side of the hotel from the swimming pool

- The room was made up twice per day, yet they failed to top up toilet paper and tissues meaning we had to call reception

- The bath robes were advertised as being fluffy, yet they have never been fluffy even when new, and if anything they are slightly uncomfortable against the skin, albeit they seem high quality

Overall though very good and we would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Lake view was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Aghadoe_Heights, Manager at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2015

Thank you Chris W for sharing your review. I am gladed you enjoyed the food and service but It is a great pity that you were so disappointed with your stay and I would be happy to discuss this with you directly if you would like to make contact with me on Geraldine.dolan@aghadoeheights.com or 064 6631766.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

Enjoyed a few days here as part of my birthday present. Lovely view from our room. Enjoyed this on our first day, and it disappeared from view the next. The mist, rain and cloud came down. Weather was miserable. Hotel is very relaxing, loved the ambience. Food service etc all lovely as we expected. Will return.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mary2013888
Aghadoe_Heights, Manager at Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2015

Thank you mary2013888 for sharing your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations. We look forward to your return.