“Amazing Tucked Away Diner”
Review of West Cobb Diner

West Cobb Diner
Ranked #9 of 768 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: New local restaurant that opened up in the old Atlanta Bread Company location. Excellent food at a reasonable price.
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I feel really guilty in that I have lived in West Cobb for roughly a decade. I remember when this location was Atlanta Bread Company. And I'd never given this place a chance until last night. I can see this will likely be the start of many future visits and even stop byes for carry out.

The inside is quite charming and is what you'd expect from a free standing location. It's large, on the inside but still was busy enough that we had a 30 minute wait on Saturday evening. I'm certain that the patio helps with seating but it does not when it is 30 degrees.

Now the food... The food ranges from standard deli to chef inspired. I was with a party of 4. We started with the fried pickles. They were fresh and crunchy with a pairing of ranch and "real" honey mustard. They were a tad saltier than I like. But honestly, they are pickles. And, they're going to be a bit salty. I ordered the pecan crusted pork chops with a blueberry chutney. I had sides of mashed potatoes and blue cheese cole slaw. They were delicious. And, I have enough left over for lunch, today. Others in the group had the smoked Gouda burger, smothered chicken fried chicken and the grouper sandwich. Everyone raved and had enough to take home.

Our waitress was quick and attentive. She checked on us through the meal and made sure that we were taken care of.

All this is at what I'd consider a very fair and reasonable price. This is not eating on the cheap. But it's worth every price that they charged on each meal. I can't wait to try the other sides and selections.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

The wait staff has always been friendly and attentive!! Refills, extra condiments, to-go service are all prompt with a smile! The pepper friend chicken sandwich is very good and the sweet potato fries are fab!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I LOVE this place. The food is always good. I have never had anything that I did not like. Great selection to from. And the prices are good. A must try.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My family frequents this restaurant for the fabulous home cooking. Bring a big appetite or plan to take some home. They have huge portions. My mom and brother always order the fried chicken livers. I like the pork chops.Try their signature tomato pie. It's all good!

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Simply the best local place around, everything, is fresh portions are very generous and this waitstaff is exceptional. Can we did an outstanding job of taking care of us at lunch today and the Ruben was a grand slam homerun