“Perfect for Children 3-5”

Museum Mice Tours at Marietta Museum
Ranked #6 of 6 Tours in Marietta
Marietta, GA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Perfect for Children 3-5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2008

I took my 2 1/2 year old on the Museum Mice Tour which is held on the second wednesday of every month. The cost was $5.00 per family.

the families were all greeted while we waited for the tour to start and were offered fresh coffee. Then we had an introduction to the whimsical cartoon mice Etta & Murray while the kids sat in their own little red rocking chairs. The two ladies talked about the museum, the mice, and shapes and colors that we were going to be looking for on our tour. They proceeded to read a short story about shapes and colors. They split the group from 10 kids to 5, so each group would have one guide. Then each child was given a shape "bingo" card where they would stick stickers on as they found Etta and her shapes throughout the museum. My 2 1/2 year old was slightly distracted by some of the trains that were set up, but soon started following the group of 5 kids around waiting for his stickers. The tourguide was very engaged with the kids and sang songs too. It was only about an hour, which was perfect for my son. We then took a walk to the square which is one block away, picked up some lunch and then I let him play on the train playground in the middle of the park. :)

5 Thank Firefly7071