“Dependably Southern”

Cuisines: American
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Any complaints that you have about this place might actually be about Southern food itself. I've eaten at several locations over the years, and without fail their meals are consistently Southern and dependable.

The reason I say this is as a Canadian, there are some aspects of Southern food that I cannot really wrap my head around. I have finally become accustomed to collard greens and now actually love them. Grits are another thing I overcame and now thoroughly enjoy. I have tried to like chicken and dumplings so many times, but in the end it just seems like strips of wet pie dough in chicken stew. So, I would say Cracker Barrel makes them well for the people who love them and that is as it should be.

I can tell you that they make a perfect breakfast, it is unsurpassed. And all the small touches are what make it excellent. How many places take the time to heat up your maple syrup?!

Over the years I've enjoyed many meals there including the chicken fried steak, catfish, and the most excellent meatloaf. Try as I may, I have never been able to copy there sweet tea back home. And don't get even get me started on that fabulous country store! I love the clothing, housewares, and who would not love all those candy and treats?

The staff at this particular location was friendly like all of them. They were very :-) which is something I really appreciate when travelling.

I always return to Cracker Barrel when I'm in the South because it is so consistently good.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here and enjoy it very much. Very friendly attentive waitress . Food was very good. Very clean place.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Good service, good prices and great Southern comfort food. The breakfast is so good that I rarely eat the lunch foods though it's always been good. Consistent in all ways.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant. Not as good as the one in Williamsburg, Virginia
Location is just around the corner.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Waited 15 mins for menus - then 15 mins for drinks and another 20 mins for food!!!! We had 2 hungry chdren with us....mercifully brought biscuits after we had been there 30 minutes!! Waitress rushed everybody through ordering and was too busy for questions!! Horrible experience!! Drink/coffee refills SCANT!!

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!