“Great Meal After Long Day on Road”

The Olive Tree Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

It was the day Hurricane Irma was moving through Georgia and I made the mistake of driving West on I-20 through Atlanta instead of heading north up to I-40 as we began our long South Carolina to Texas road trip. The weather was terrible! Trees were falling onto the Interstate, the wind was howling and rain poured down in sheets! We literally missed being hit by a falling 50 foot pine tree by about 5 feet. It was clear we needed to stop, hunker down, get off the road, and ride this storm out. After just barely finding a hotel room, the lady at the Baymont Hotel recommended these guys for dinner. We called to make sure they were open, as many businesses this evening were closing early. We had had a harrowing day on the road, we were a bit soaked, and hungry. We showed up here at the Olive Tree, and they welcomed us in and fed us a delicious meal that filled our bellies and lifted our spirits. I love a tasty Chianti with Italian food and this place did not disappoint. The Lasagna was delicious as was the Marsala Chicken that my wife had along with the Tiramisu we had for dessert. A great little spot. We're so glad we ended up here!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Everything was excellent. Andy, our waitress, was super attentive. They even gave us a discount because we were fleeing Irma. Really enjoyed it and would recommend!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We needed someplace to eat dinner since we were staying at The Fairfield Inn. The front desk recommended The Olive Tree or Ruby Tuesday. We decided on the Olive Tree. Our waitress was very nice & very helpful. She took very good care of us. I had the The Tour of Greece, a very nice way to try several dishes. This is now my recommendation for you to try. Our dessert was the Honey Balls which we both enjoyed. We would order them again. With so many chain restaurants it is nice to go someplace that's a local restaurant.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Dropped in August 12th, for a simple Gyro sandwich and walked out after a 30 minute wait ..I never witness such bad service cooking service in my life!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Looked for a quant local restaurant. The Olive Tree was a nice find. Good hummus appetizer plate. If you like aged balsamic vinegar, try the Balsamic Chicken. It was delicious!!! Also, beer was inexpensive. I rarely find Amberbock, pleasant find.