“Something ran out of my room and I think it was a mouse”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lavonia
Reviewed 25 October 2017

To the lady who said a mouse ran in to her room, I believe it came from my room. I was there last week too. Not kidding. I feel bad for the staff because they are very nice and it's not their fault, but oh my, please be careful renting a room here for a stay. The rooms are pretty bad and finding a clean room is tough. I understand old and I am ok with old, but I'm not ok with filth and sleeping with mice.

Room Tip: Go down the road
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I only stayed at this place because someone paid for it. When we googled for the map for this place, it said it was "Permanently Closed". Look it up for yourself, we thought " what in the world is going on!!! We called and the lady said that she didn't know what was going on. That a few other people had called asking the same question about it being advertised that it was "permanently closed!! We should have taken the hint. This is the WORST PLACE EVER!! the first day we were there, we were on the 1st floor, and a mouse came in our room. OMG!! I LOST IT!!! I asked my husband to please go and get someone from the front desk to deal with this. The guy came and said that unfortunately they have been having this problem for quite awhile but we were the first in awhile to have the mouse show up in the room. So they changed our room to upstairs and doggone it that room was worst than the one we left. The ceiling had big water stains and the part over the window had so much water damage until I couldn't believe they put us in this room. The maid came and we asked her to look in our room because the toilet was dirty and something was wrong with the shower. She said whoever put us in that room was slow because they never rent that room because of the damage and the water that backs up in the shower that over flows.
So she put us in the room next door to that room and when I say it was the nicest room, it was a little larger than the other rooms and it was bright in there. But the straw that broke the camels back was when we asked for towels and she brought back towels that were badly stained and wash cloths that looked like someone had just used them. The door handle to the shower was gone. And the toilet paper holder fell off the wall. Now when Google said that this place is "Permanently Closed"
They need to take a hint. Close this crap of a place, tear it down and start over. This is just ridiculous to have a place like this open and OH, one more thing. The side doors to this place don't even lock. We walked in WITHOUT using the key. Anybody can easily come in without being noticed and the hallways leading from the side doors were so nasty, dead bugs were everywhere. Need I say more???

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Carol12345jr, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

I am in receipt of your problems that you incurred. We have just taken over this motel and working hard to bring it up to our standards. Exterminator has been working this mouse situation. The outside doors are locked at 1am. I am in tourch with google and they are working on this situation.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Looks ok from the outside, the title says the rest. Room stinks of mildew and cleaner that wasn't removed. Everything in room is sticky. I could go on and on but you get the point. I wouldn't take a shower in the room for fear of catching some rare foot fungus.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Carol12345jr, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. I investigate this situation. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as escape from Hurricane Irma. Main reason was pet friendly as we have a small dog. Knew it wouldn't be a four star hotel as I am a Choice Privileges member with Choice Hotels and know the quality of their different brands. The common areas were clean and adequate. Our guest room was fine for the stay although a queen bed is a little small for us and the dog. The free breakfast was limited but fresh and tasty. My only complaint was the "herd of elephants" in the room above us. Not the quietest due to building construction. Overall we probably would consider staying here again if ever in this area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Worse experience I've ever had with a hotel check-in. Empty parking lot when I arrived so I asked if I could be switched to a downstairs room. The "clerk" put me in what she called an employee room.
It's 90 degrees outside and the air conditioner doesn't work. I know I'm only paying for a 2 star hotel but that should at least have included air conditioner
The clerk at the front told me I could complain all I wanted to about her nasty attitude during check in but it wouldn't matter her boss loved her.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Carol12345jr, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

In regards to your comment we do not have employee room and we were l02% occup.
When you check into your room and turn the a/c up with it 90 degrees it blew a switch. I apologized for the front desk clerk, this is not how we confront our guests. I invite you to return again real soon so you can see your first impression will be very different.