US$138
US$82
Quality Inn(Hartwell)
US$92
QualityInn
Hampton Inn-Lake Hartwell(Hartwell)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$148
Cateechee(Hartwell)
US$199
See what travellers are saying:
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Looks ok from the outside, the title says the rest. Room stinks of mildew and cleaner that wasn't removed. Everything in room is sticky. I could go on and on but you get the point. I wouldn't take a shower in the room for fear of catching some rare foot fungus.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Carol12345jr, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay. I investigate this situation. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as escape from Hurricane Irma. Main reason was pet friendly as we have a small dog. Knew it wouldn't be a four star hotel as I am a Choice Privileges member with Choice Hotels and know the quality of their different brands. The common areas were clean and adequate. Our guest room was fine for the stay although a queen bed is a little small for us and the dog. The free breakfast was limited but fresh and tasty. My only complaint was the "herd of elephants" in the room above us. Not the quietest due to building construction. Overall we probably would consider staying here again if ever in this area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Worse experience I've ever had with a hotel check-in. Empty parking lot when I arrived so I asked if I could be switched to a downstairs room. The "clerk" put me in what she called an employee room.
It's 90 degrees outside and the air conditioner doesn't work. I know I'm only paying for a 2 star hotel but that should at least have included air conditioner
The clerk at the front told me I could complain all I wanted to about her nasty attitude during check in but it wouldn't matter her boss loved her.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Carol12345jr, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

In regards to your comment we do not have employee room and we were l02% occup.
When you check into your room and turn the a/c up with it 90 degrees it blew a switch. I apologized for the front desk clerk, this is not how we confront our guests. I invite you to return again real soon so you can see your first impression will be very different.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

I stopped by here because a friend of mine recommended it. Everything she said was true! Rooms were clean bed was very soft and the night clerk was friendly. I stayed on the second floor and the only complaint I have is there was no elevator but one flight of stairs shouldn't kill me right :). I am probably going to stay here again in the very near future!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank nannyFaith99
RodewayInnLavonia, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our hotel here I Lavonia. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again, and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. I’m sorry we don’t have an elevator. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2016

The hotel room was fine for the $76 we paid for it. Our expectations weren't too high, so I was actually surprised with the room. It had three stars until my husband got sick. He never has allergy problems and he took three different medications just to be able to sleep. I got sick the next morning with the same problems. I know it was from our room because we began to feel better the minute we left. It may have just been our room. The front desk people are very friendly and the breakfast is just okay. You might be able to get lucky and not have a room like ours, but I wouldn't risk it if you have any allergy/sinus problems.

Room Tip: We had room 111 so stay away from it!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I regret that we weren't a good match for your needs here at our Rodeway Inn. We take pride in satisfying many guests every day, and I'm sincerely sorry that we couldn't satisfy you. I apologize for any shortcomings or issues and hope you will give us another chance. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience to every guest, every time.

Hotel Manager