“Was great, until...”

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lavonia
Reviewed 27 November 2016

The hotel room was fine for the $76 we paid for it. Our expectations weren't too high, so I was actually surprised with the room. It had three stars until my husband got sick. He never has allergy problems and he took three different medications just to be able to sleep. I got sick the next morning with the same problems. I know it was from our room because we began to feel better the minute we left. It may have just been our room. The front desk people are very friendly and the breakfast is just okay. You might be able to get lucky and not have a room like ours, but I wouldn't risk it if you have any allergy/sinus problems.

Room Tip: We had room 111 so stay away from it!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
RodewayInnLavonia, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Guest,

I regret that we weren't a good match for your needs here at our Rodeway Inn. We take pride in satisfying many guests every day, and I'm sincerely sorry that we couldn't satisfy you. I apologize for any shortcomings or issues and hope you will give us another chance. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience to every guest, every time.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We stayed at the Magnuson in Lavonia, GA and had no expectations when it came to our accommodations, and that was a good thing. Clemson football games jack-up the prices of hotels in the area and the Magnuson was the least expensive. The hotel is in need of updating and our room smelled musty/moldy. Normally I wouldn't care about internet connection while on vacation but I had work that I needed to attend to and the WiFi was AWFUL! I went to the reception desk to ask where I might find the best WiFi signal and she told me the lobby and the hallway we were staying in had the best WiFi in the building. I had to go to a McDonald's after we checked out to take care of my computer work. When all is said and done, the hotel was fine for one night, hotel staff were very nice, but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 12KJ

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to comment. I'm very sorry that a problem with the free wifi in your room ruined your experience with us, and I'm equally sorry that we were not able to resolve the problem for you quickly. We take our commitment to our guests seriously, and I regret that we let you down. Please give us another chance to satisfy you in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I looked at reviews online and they ok for a night and price was good I wend in to see if they mach online prices so I told them what a wanted and I asked how much it would be and he had my credit card and before answering he swiped it said it was over double as online prices and said that he couldn't do anything because I payed. The room was old but in good shape could use paint pretty clean they could have taking more time cleaning bathroom

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our Rodeway Inn. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations regarding price and there was confusion about the rate you paid. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience exceptional.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel is pleasant and so were the staff. Considering that the sports venue 30 minutes drive away was charging 10 times the price of this hotel, it was a really good experience. I did find some hair in the drain, not mine, and a used coffee filter in the pot in the room, but all in all a good experience and I will go back there. I mean, all I needed to do was sleep and shower.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you had a generally good experience with us and got good value for your money, but I’m very concerned that we didn’t live up to your standards or expectations in every way. We take great pride in our hotel, and I hope that shows. We’re also always working to get better. Nonetheless, I hope we will be your first choice every time you visit the area.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The rooms are pretty compact and in need of some paint. The ice machine was broken. Free breakfast was a little lacking, but it was fresh. Daytime staff was great, the overnight person was more interested in his computer. There were no outside trash bins at the doors which would be a great help. Bed was comfy & clean. It had its highs & lows.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Tyra L

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to offer your comments about our hotel here in Lavonia. I'm glad we met your needs while you were in our area, but I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and fell short in some ways. We take pride in providing a lodging experience that everyone will enjoy, and I regret that we didn't provide you with complete satisfaction. I hope we will still be your first choice in this area in the future, and I hope we can do better for you next time.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavonia
0.7 km away
0.1 km away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 6 in Lavonia

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!