“Great Choice!”

Splendid Events Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #23 of 121 Restaurants in LaGrange
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Wow! Great Southern cooking that would make grandma jealous! Delicious lunch! Hot fried chicken right out of the fryer, steamed cabbage, peas, rutabagas, cornbread, chow chow relish...all wonderful! My party of 5 tried different buffet items and all were pleasantly pleased...fried pork chop, chicken, okra, corn, mashed potatoes...delicious food prepared to please and served with a smile.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We went this morning for breakfast. The food was good but the serving style is different. The first thing the waitress asked us was if we wanted eggs. The menus didn't have breakfast listed so I asked how we ordered. You order your eggs (if you want any) from the server. When they are ready she then adds (cafeteria style) other items you want...bacon, sausage, grits, etc.... Overall it was good, but be forewarned how to order.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Oh my Lawd y'all. It was like I was at my Granny's table for Sunday lunch. Fried chicken, Mac and cheese (done right) and banana pudding that makes you wanna slap your mama! Haha delicious for sure. Cafeteria style and delicious. Hubs had greens with chow chow and was in soul food heaven.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We have enjoyed this place several times after church. It is a southern cafeteria style place. Tender chicken or meatloaf, okra, rice, black-eyed peas or butter beans. Squash casserole, cornbread. Stuff like that. Homey and delicious. Not a fancy place! Just good food and friendly people. In the heart of our beautiful downtown.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Love this place! Best fried pork chop that I have ever ate. Staff is very friendly. So happy we found this place in walking distance of my job.