“Sunday lunch ”

Splendid Events Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #23 of 121 Restaurants in LaGrange
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Oh my Lawd y'all. It was like I was at my Granny's table for Sunday lunch. Fried chicken, Mac and cheese (done right) and banana pudding that makes you wanna slap your mama! Haha delicious for sure. Cafeteria style and delicious. Hubs had greens with chow chow and was in soul food heaven.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We have enjoyed this place several times after church. It is a southern cafeteria style place. Tender chicken or meatloaf, okra, rice, black-eyed peas or butter beans. Squash casserole, cornbread. Stuff like that. Homey and delicious. Not a fancy place! Just good food and friendly people. In the heart of our beautiful downtown.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Love this place! Best fried pork chop that I have ever ate. Staff is very friendly. So happy we found this place in walking distance of my job.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I eat frequently with Janice and her crew at Splendid Events and I am never disappointed. I have taken family and friends and have also use the catering service. Janice is wonderful and so is the food.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

We were looking for a restaurant that served good soul food and we found it. After searching trip advisor for a recommendation we drive 45 mins to visit this restaurant. The food was AMAZING. The servers, and I believe it was the owner, were welcoming and down to earth. If you are in Lagrange, you have got to stop by and eat here. It will be well worth the trip.