“Best craft beer selection!”
Review of Mare Sol

Mare Sol
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in LaGrange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017

My husband enjoyed sampling at least 3 of the many beers on the menu. He also enjoyed the beef stroganoff, full of meat and mushrooms. I loved the Grilled Vegetable Salad; it's not your typical salad with lettuce, but with yummy grilled veggies. Excellent dinner for a short vacation in Lagrange!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Caprese Salad was mostly cherry tomatoes and mozz, not bad, but more arugula and basil would be nice. Angel hair was avg at best. Would go back and definitely order something different.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

The beer specials ($2!) are great, but the whole list of drafts is more than worthy in its offerings. The menu is extensive with something for everyone -- tapas to entrees -- and fun choices, like veggie quiche, or crispy quail, which my spouse said was excellent, too. The atmosphere is pubby and the location is central, in town, with lots to walk and see, and window-shop nearby. There is plenty of street parking as well.

1  Thank vdrees
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I had the soup and salad $11... my iceberg wedge was good but very, very small. I ordered the french onion soup and it had a HUGE hunk of bread "crouton" that took up most of the bowl. The soup was tasty, but also small. (I had a snack when I got home...). My husband had some type of sandwich with pimento cheese on it. He said it was ok. The nice thing about the restaurant is you do not feel hurried. We were there as a large group, on a Saturday afternoon, and never felt like we were being rushed to leave. Our server was very pleasant.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

This restaurant is on the square, so a bit more interesting venue than the chains out on the strip. It offers an electic menu, so something for everyone, with craft beers for those who want to experiment. It is not "quiet" due to the high ceilings and open layout, but the music is not the culprit-- just bouncing voices and ambient noises. I would definitely eat here again when/if I am in LaGrange.