The Beachview Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Jekyll Island)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Ocean Inn and Suites(Saint Simons Island)
View Hotel
All reviewssmall hotelhot tubmini kitchensecond floorlive oaksgrounds are beautifullobby areano elevatorrelaxing stayhousekeeping staffbike pathspring breakshort walk to the beachview of the oceanjekyllislandtrees
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I am in room 109 as I type this review. It is very expensive for a substandard room. The motel is in poor condition. There is no beach access from the motel grounds. The advertised hot tub looks like it has been out of service for a long time. The pool is dirty as most of the motel. I have stayed in most of the motels on Jekyll at one time or another and never been this disappointed. I paid over $200.00 for this room and will have to stay tonight, but will not stay again for free.

Room Tip: Find another motel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra S
Mel F, General Manager at The Beachview Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay - 109 is normally one of our most popular standard rooms due to the view and the close proximity to the beach (out the door and to the left). As far as I am aware all of our social media and third party sites have been updated to reflect that the hot tub is no longer listed as a feature - sadly it is irreparably damaged however our guests are very welcome to use the facilities at the resort next door - I apologize if you were not made aware of that. We would have been glad to address your issues or move your room had we been made aware of your dissatisfaction. The last thing we want is for any of our guests to leave unhappy. Please accept my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction, if you would like to contact me directly you are very welcome to. I can be reached via email: mfurtado@northph.com

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Back in 2011, my wife and I spent our honeymoon at this hotel. It was a great experience. Hotel staff were fantastic, room was excellent, grounds overall were nice. Back in 2011, I would have given the hotel at least a 4/5, if not a 5/5, review.

What in the world happened to this place? Five years later, my wife and I are lying here awake at 9:00 AM on what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation thanks to what is apparently nonstop hammering going on.

BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG.

To describe this as "loud" and "obnoxious" would be an understatement. I'm sure that the hotel, like any place, needs renovation now and then...but this early

BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG.

Are you serious? Could this not wait till the afternoon when most people are at the beach?

BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG.

Crazed hammering at 8:45 AM aside, there have been many other indications that this hotel is simply not the same as it once was. The grounds have deteriorated (especially the pool area) and do not look as cared for and pristine as they were in 2011.

On the plus side, the room itself is still nice; it's clean and sizable, with nice amenities. Also, it is nice that the beach is only a short walk outside. Frankly, apart from the cordial staff, these are the only real positives.

The noise problem (even besides the construction/renovation/incessant hammering) has been ridiculous. Some of this is beyond the hotel's control, but I wonder if it now the "crowd" the hotel attracts, maybe due to being a less expensive hotel or just a grungier one than it used to be.

Every evening there has been an absurd amount of noise from other hotel guests. The walls of this hotel are fairly thin so loud voices, TVs, etc. carry very well. I got to "enjoy" what seemed like an audio-only version of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back last night as one of our neighbors played it on the TV at apparently max volume, for example. The night before that, we got to listen to what sounded like your garden-variety "dude-bros" drinking/partying and yelling moronically back and forth for well over an hour.

And after those great evening experiences, now we are woken up by construction, renovation, or some other such hammering. Yes, normally, I get up at 6 AM or earlier every single day for work. This was supposed to be a vacation. It'd be nice to sleep in a little.

We leave tomorrow, and frankly my wife and I are disappointed that this hotel has changed so much for the worse.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew T
Mel F, Manager at The Beachview Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

I am so sorry that this was your experience. I believe I responded to your review on another website. We have recently purchased the hotel and have a full refurbishment planned for later in the year. As you saw there has been very little love shown to the property prior to our purchase however we are steadily changing that - we have already repainted the exterior, stairwells and walkways, replaced the lawn, tidied up the pool deck, repaired the pool and courtyard fountain, replaced the pool furniture, installed 50" flat screen TV's in every room, replaced all of the beds, bedding, towels, pillows, doors and door locks. Normally we are a nice quite and relaxing venue for vacation, if Guest Services had been made aware of the outside noise we would have been glad to take care of that for you. We would love to welcome you back after our refurbishment is complete and show off the changes - we have great things planned!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, so my husband would give three stars....but I was nicely surprised by this place and gave four....however, I would say really about a three and a half.

The good things: new comfy beds and tv. Clean. (There was some stuff around the sink faucet, but for most part wouldn't come off....but it wasn't grime or anything nasty). Holiday inn bought this place a few months ago and are going to do an entire redo. The pool was clean, but old. Nice chairs by pool. Staff very nice! Big plus!!!!

The cons: our room when air on smelled a little like mold. Only when air was on. Then the unit came out of the wall. Maintenance came quickly and fixed the mold smell and unit so then room was fine.

For the price we paid, $173 a night, I think it was reasonable yet a little high. I am excited to see how it changes with the updates.

The hot tub was closed....big bummer. But they will be putting in an infinity pool. Big plus.

The grounds are beautiful!!!! Beach is big! Sand is totally different than I am use too....

So, I would stay here again....and would even bring my special needs son.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kdmonti

Thank you so much for your review! Georgia Coast Holdings II has recently purchased the hotel and have a full refurbishment planned for later in the year. As you note we have already started to make improvements: repainted the hotel exterior, stairwells and walkways, replaced the lawn, tidied up the pool deck, repaired the pool and courtyard fountain, replaced the pool furniture and installed some day beds & pool towel cabinets, installed 50" flat screen TV's in every room, replaced all of the beds (you are right - they are SUPER comfy!), bedding, towels, pillows, doors and door locks. The hot tub is irreparably damaged and is unlikely to reopen in the foreseeable future however we do have big plans for this place! Thank you for the feedback on the staff - I am sorry that you had an issue in your room but I am glad that we got the problem quickly taken care of for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I spent two wonderful nights here with my two teenage daughters during the 4th of July holiday. When initially looking at this hotel, I saw some unfavorable reviews so was a little hesitant, but booked anyway as this was the best rate right on the beach. I was not disappointed in the least-in fact the photos do not do the hotel justice! The rooms have all been recently renovated, with new mattresses (so comfortable!), towels, linens and doors. We asked for a room facing pool/courtyard. It was located on the second floor and very nice, clean, and comfortable. The pool is lovely and the garden grounds of the hotel, including back lawn of lovely old shady oaks, grass, lounge chairs and a bench swing, are perfect for relaxing and unwinding. The beach is a few steps across the bike path in back and down a deck stairway-a little farther is another deck with a ramp for wheelchair access. The staff (reception and cleaning) could not have been more friendly or accommodating. All around a perfect stay and great value for money- can definitely recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Suggest an inside (courtyard or pool) facing room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie A

Thank you very much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It was our pleasure to host your family and we very much hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Nice first floor room with small patio, very cozy. Very close to the beach which was awesome. Loved the beds. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Mel (didn't get her last name) at the front desk went out of her way to make sure our room was just what we hoped. Also, Steven L in Facilities/Maintenance was especially helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank cb1052

Thank you so much for your feedback - it was entirely our pleasure to host you! We hope to see you again in the future.