“Excellent pizzeria on Jekyll ”

Red Bug Motors Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We visited the restaurant twice during our vacation on Jekyll Island. The first visit we had lasagna and the second we had pizza. Both meals were of a good quality and value for money. The service was spot on. One point to note re the pizza is they also cook them on a thin and crispy base. However this should be mentioned on the actual menu.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Ordered pizza to be delivered to our hotel. To our surprise, the pizza arrived quicker than the estimated delivery time. The pizza was delicious. Arrived hot and had generous toppings and good crust. No complaints there!

Only a comment for future deliveries to motel rooms... please include at LEAST napkins with delivery orders. All of us are travellers and we don’t carry paper plates or napkins with us. Eating hot pizza out of the box with nothing to put it on, isn’t fun. Next time I order pizza delivered to a motel room, I will remind them to bring napkins!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Great pizza. We had the Meatopia. Crust was perfect. Generous toppings, too. We went to pick it up so pups could enjoy a ride, but the only charge $2.00 for delivery.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

I checked in to my hotel on Jekyll Island and asked about a pizza place to deliver to the hotel. Red Bug was recommended and I called for a large pizza and soda. My bill was $17 and change. I was told that they will not deliver an order under $20. Very odd since they delivered the same order a month ago when I was here for business. It is just me and I can't even eat the entire pizza so I was not going to order anything else just to get my bill over $20. I explained to the female on the phone that they delivered my same order a month ago. She said there was no manager at the restaurant that could approve the delivery. The lady actually said I should go to the front desk of my hotel and ask them to pick up my pizza. Why would I do that! I could go get it but I got to the hotel later than planned and had a lot of work to do so I did not want to go out again tonight. The info brochure for the area lists this place and that they will deliver anywhere on the island. No mention of a minimum order. The hotel front desk said they deliver all the time to the hotel for orders under $20. The lady at the restaurant was unwilling to call the manager.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We rode bikes around the island, and worked up quite an appetite. Red Bug Pizza was delicious and just what we needed! The pizza was served piping hot and loaded with lots of meat and veggies. Highly recommend!