“Shrimp & grits, squash casserole, crab bisque, yankee pot roast AMAZING!”
Review of Driftwood Bistro

Driftwood Bistro
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual theme low country cuisine specializing in fresh vegetables and unique entree items featuring Wild Georgia Shrimp, Stuffed Collard Greens, Signature Pastas and Shrimp Creole. Traditional favorites like Yankee Pot Roast, Shrimp and Grits, Stuffed Baked Flounder, Fried Grilled or Blackened Wild Georgia Shrimp (did I mention that we serve Wild Gorgia Shrimp). Unique sandwiches like our Veggie Wrap and Cracker Cuban as well as burgers and salads. Full service bar specializing in frozen specialty drinks from Top Shelf Margaritas,Peach Daiquiris and Rum Bar Smashes.
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Amazing food. Delicious. So rich.

We started with crab bisque and we were amazed - amazingly rich. Delicious. For dinner, the folks at the Sea Turtle Center recommended fried okra and squash casserole, and as a recent transplant to the South, we must try shrimp & grits. My wife had the yankee pot roast. Each thing was amazing. I couldn't finish - it was simply too much. Next time, I'll go for the petite portion. Ask for the squash casserole recipe!

If you are on the island - go and try it. The only downside: it's off season and we had to wait a few minutes, and finding it in the dark was tricky. Go - try it out.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Nobody makes fried okra better than my mom... except maybe Driftwood bistro. It was so good!!! My black bean burger was okay. But my husband got the vegetable pasta and that was delicious. There is something for everyone and as a vegetarian I was pleased to see so many vegetarian options.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

The food here was amazing! Our server, Mary, was very nice and knowledgeable. I had shrimp cakes, fried okra, and sweet potato souffle. It was the ultimate southern comfort food dinner. Delicious!!
My wife had the key lime pie and the Sea Turtle green martini for dessert. They were also amazing!
This is definitely a great place to eat on the island!!

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Mary our server was excellent! Catfish was delicious, a little salty but very yummy. The petite portion was well more than enough!

We coupled the key lime pie with the sea turtle martini and it was so good, there wasn't time for a picture!

1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 5 March 2016

We really enjoyed our meal here and it was a great value for the money. Great recommendations by the server too.