“Good value tasty food”

Folks Southern Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 86 Restaurants in Hiram
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Visited for late lunch. Waitress explained the menu. The Brunswick stew was full of flavour and the barbeque chicken was tasty and melted in the mouth. The brisket beef tasted on the fatty side. The peach cobbler was good. Very reasonably priced and a chance to sample local cuisine.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We had good food but they lost our order resulting in lousy service. We had their fried chicken breast and gravy with mac n' cheese and potato salad and a blueberry muffin. Everything was good but the long wait for our food. The manager did come by and apologized and took care of entire cost of our meal.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Hadn't been to Folks in a long time, but was pleasantly surprised at how great the food and service is. We will be back soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The quality of this restaurant (chain) has decreased consistently over the past few years. Went in on a week night, so absolutely not busy, and service was slow and painful. I ordered the vegetables-turnip greens, okra and baked beans. The only items edible was the fried okra. It was hot and had been freshly fried. The other items were just bad. The baked beans came out with a dry crusty look and were obviously old. The turnip greens were so overcooked and mushy. The server would not come back so we flagged down another server. Her reaction to the baked beans "these should have never come out". Plenty of people walking around in this restaurant but not paying attention to the few customers. I have said I would not return in the past. No worries, it will not happen again. Don't bother.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

I normally don't write reviews on chain restaurants but because Folks is quite regional in nature, I thought it might help folks unfamiliar with this franchise. This is definitely a family friendly restaurant. You wait to be seated by a hostess, and you are waited on by a server, which you can request on future visits. Ergo, tips are part of the package, if that makes a difference for you. Per their menu, they serve, chicken, some seafood dishes, and burgers, in addition to breakfast. Lots of different meal packages to select from, many priced around $9 for three courses, including desert.
Truly southern in their offerings which included chicken done different ways, catfish, okra, and grits. Atmosphere is very folksy with checkerboard table cloths, small town, rustic motif, and lots of aged wood, windows, etc. OK, on to the food.
My wife ordered one of the regular chicken meals for around $10 which includes a nice selection of choices in each of the three courses, appetizer, main meal and dessert. To my surprise, she said the food was average, largely driven by the fact that her chicken was a bit dry. I strongly suspect that the server, and/or the manager would have gone WAY out of their way to address the issue but we were tired and just wanted to eat and get home, so we didn't press the issue. HOWEVER, despite my desire to check out their chicken fingers, I selected one of their burgers. I am glad I did. IT WAS GREAT. Very thick and juicy, despite my usual request for medium well. A large burger, my guess at least 1/3 pound. Great tasting, and I suspect it was marinated or something that made it very tasty. Fries were good and done right, but only average in size. However, only someone with a healthy appetite could finish both burger and fries, so no problem there. I would go back just for the burger. Finally, our server was a young man named Michael K. A GREAT SERVER!!! If we return, we WILL ask for him. Exceptionally attentive, friendly, professional, knew his stuff.

Been to Folks Southern Kitchen? Share your experiences!