“Only went because someone gave me a gift card.”
Review of Applebee's

Ranked #56 of 86 Restaurants in Hiram
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We were seated rather quickly and placed our order for drinks quickly. I ordered a steak with a side salad and was told it would be a $2 up charge. The salad was sitting in water but overall good. I wanted to complain, but didn't as I didn't want anything bad to happen to my order back in the kitchen. My husband ordered a chicken/shrimp special - he is a diabetic and can't eat potatoes, but we were told "no substitutions". I ate his potatoes and ordered green beans as my side for him. The food was good; steak cooked nicely; mashed potatoes; garlicky green beans; broccoli. While we were eating, I heard our waitress say aloud to the person seating folks - "so and so (I'm assuming the manager or cook) says to slow down seating the customers." She said this right in front of me! The restaurant wasn't even half full. It was a Thursday evening at 7:30 pm. I'm assuming they couldn't keep up with the volume of food orders coming into the kitchen. Interestingly enough, someone dressed very nicely was smoking out back as we were leaving. I have $15 left on my gift card - it will be takeout for sure if I use it at all.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The staff is not welcoming. You have to approach them to get service. They are slow, even when they aren't busy. My food wasn't ready at the promised time. My husband ordered a well done quesadilla burger today. We were assured it would be well done, with no pink inside. I came home with the food and he made it halfway through his burger. The rest was pink and red! I took a picture of it. Needless to say, I gave him my food to eat and we won't be eating there again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The place was half empty and not busy. We had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. We could not understand the young man that sat us because he mumbled so bad. We sat at the table for 15 minutes and no one came to get our drink orders or anything. We watched as several other families got seated and their servers came over to them and got their drink and food orders. After about 20 minutes we got up and left. On a side note...aside from 2 servers working the floor we were the only white family in there. Everyone else was getting service but us.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

In my travels, I often go to Applebees in different places. But for some reason, on a couple of visits, this one has been less than satisfactory. My wife's pasta dish was so runny that it wouldn't have been out of place in a soup. And we found the music excessively loud. We, and also the table next to us, politely asked the waitress if it could be turned down a bit. No, she and her staff liked it the way it was, we were told. Excuse me, but the music should be there for the benefit of the customers, not the staff.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This Applebee's location is reliably good. The service is usually very good to good, and the food is always just right. We love the Thai Shrimp Salad and highly recommend it as tasty and low in calories. My wife loves the Tomato Basil soup. I also suggest you try the Fireball Strawberry Lemonade if you're into that sort of thing - yum! The only complaint we ever have is that it is sometimes freezing in there - we take our jackets now.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!