“Sporadic food quality and service but getting better”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #20 of 86 Restaurants in Hiram
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: American
Description: With more than 20 new items to choose from, a taste of the new menu items include: -- Bacon 'N Beef Burgers: An innovative new line up of burgers with hickory-smoked bacon blended right into the beef. The unique technique of blending the bacon with the beef makes IHOP's burgers juicy and delicious with bacon flavor in every bite. Served with seasoned fries, onion rings, fresh fruit, soup or salad, and a dill pickle spear, guests can choose from five delicious flavors: -- Bacon 'N Beef Cheeseburger -- Bacon 'N Beef Bacon & Egg Cheeseburger -- Bacon 'N Beef Bacon Cheeseburger -- Bacon 'N Beef Mega Mushroom Burger -- Monster Bacon 'N Beef Cheeseburger -- CINN-A-STACK(TM) Pancakes or French Toast: One of IHOP's most popular limited time offers, CINN-A-STACK(TM) pancakes and French toast now makes its home on the menu. Enjoy a stack of IHOP's famous buttermilk pancakes or thick-cut French toast layered with a luscious cinnamon roll filling, drizzled with rich cream cheese icing and topped with whipped topping. -- Biscuits & Gravy Combo: A taste of southern comfort, the new Biscuits & Gravy combo includes two fluffy buttermilk biscuits topped with four sausage links and country gravy. Served with two eggs and hash browns. -- Belgian Waffle Combo: IHOP's signature Belgian waffle served with two eggs and choice of two bacon strips or two pork sausage links. -- SIMPLE & FIT Seasonal Fresh Fruit Crepes: With less than 600 calories, IHOP's famous crepes are topped with fresh fruit, low-fat strawberry yogurt and granola. -- Loaded Potato & Bacon Soup: Creamy potato and bacon soup topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream. -- Take Two Combos: Perfect for lunch or a light dinner, pick two items from a tasty selection that includes a House Salad, Side Caesar Salad, Seasonal Fresh Fruit, Soup of the Day, Half Turkey Sandwich, Half Pot Roast Melt Sandwich, Half Double BLT Sandwich and the new Loaded Potato & Bacon Soup. -- Chicken Fajita Quesadilla: Grilled seasoned chicken breast with onions, green peppers and tomatoes in a grilled flour tortilla with Cheddar and Jack cheeses. Served with sour cream and salsa. -- Maui-style Crunchy Shrimp: Light crunchy golden fried shrimp served with steamed broccoli, seasoned red skin potatoes and Pineapple Island glaze.
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Servers are nice, but kitchen stays so busy things sometimes get too hectic, so service suffers. Place needs a major overhaul, stinks of old mops and mildew. Most importantly for owners and cooks: No one, and I mean NO ONE, likes runny grits. For God's sake you're in Georgia, learn to make grits!

Update June 4, 2016.
We went back to eat there and things have gotten better. Staff was efficient and friendly, service was EXTREMELY prompt even though they were busy, and food was very good. Dunno if they changed management or staff but looks like they're getting better. Upgraded to 4 stars and will update again on next visit.

Update Feb 23, 2018:

Server was Dana, food was very good. I had the eggs over medium, ham, hash browns, and pancakes, all perfect. Wife had a salad with chicken, she said it was good. Server was Dana, she is very polite, very professional and very efficient.

Just noticed for the first time a glass of milk was $2.79 and a side of toast was $2.19. Wow!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

It is illegal to segregate service dog handlers from the rest of the public because they have a working K9 with them by law. It is the same as segregating someone for race, color, sex, religion, etc. This is part of the Americans with disabilities Act look it up on the ADA laws. This was done to me today. When I enquired about my seating arrangement, not one or two came but three, and which I was told I may choose with a sweeping hand motion over the empty tables any one I would like to choose pointing towards the unused area but not towards the rest of the population, I had complained that section was empty and cold, I was also offered a sweater from one of the wait staff, I was also wearing my own sweater. I was not offered a table within the area with the rest of the customers, the path to them was blocked by all the staff so no one could hear or witness my objections. My service dog is a German Shepherd who is highly trained and has been my partner for 7 years assisting me for medical alert, mobility assist, and physical tasks. He remained silent under the table clean and well behaved as always throughout the visit. I video taped my seating area and the situation for documentation.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We love IHOP. This is one of the best IHOPs I have been in. The waiter was very nice and accommodating. He took our order quickly and accurately. The food came the same way! Hot and delicious! The restaurant appearance was clean. The outdoor area could use some sprucing up but the overall visit was great.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I went with my kids got overcharged by waitress and when confronted she just wanted to argue with me about it. I gave up and left. I have not been back since. I felt ignored by her the whole time. It was hot in there last time I went and they said that the air was out and I had the sun glaring in on my face thru the window. Miserable experience and I will not go back again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stopped by for a brunch on our way home from visiting our grand children. The wait for a table was about 2 minutes. After being seated, the waitperson was right there taking drink orders, The food came fairly fast and was hot and good. We got "to go" containers fast also .. overall visit was good./

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!