Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$127
PricelineUS$127
Hotels.comUS$127
HIExpress.comUS$127
eDreamsUS$127
getaroom.comUS$130
All reviews cinnamon rolls hot tub luggage cart yogurt breakfast bar large bathroom free breakfast each morning up to date sitting area the north georgia mountains gravy microwave hikers dee pillows trail
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2021

This place was strange to say the least. Not sure what is going on here. I think the IHG company has forgotten this place is in their fleet. It's old, dark and dingy.
Room was satisfactory, beds were clean and comfy. Bathroom was clean, but rust on ceiling, mold on tiles, and a hole under the counter sink. Again, just old.

The strange thing.. In the lobby, there was packaged food (can goods etc.), clothes, toiletries, tampons, shoes all over the place. It looked a collection for some type of blessing box. Maybe it was. Some days it was on a chair, kinda tidied up and gathered together. Other days, looked liked someone was living in the lobby.

I was hoping to find this place to be my hotel for next 4 yrs as my daughter is now going to attending college near by, but I will have to continue my search.

Date of stay: April 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

Hello CurlyQ21601,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I'm so sorry about the items in the lobby and the upkeep of our rooms fell below your expectations. The situations you have mentioned are not what we expect from any of our properties, nor something we want our guests to encounter. I'll share your thoughts with our hotel management team as a reference for future improvements.

I hope we get the chance to serve you again and create a better experience for you in the future.

Warm thoughts,

Deborah R.

Reviewed 31 March 2021

This motel is ok, but for the price I thought it would be a lot nicer. It was clean and had friendly staff. The Juzzui was small. The ceiling in bathroom was rusting. There was an electric outlet right by the tub which could be dangerous. They do have a nice breakfast. The view from the window was just overlooking the ac unit and the satellite dishes. This is the 1st time we have stayed at a Holiday Inn and from the advertisement and what we have heard about them we expected a lot better. But it is ok and a place we would visit again but we do think it to be overpriced.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2021

Hello U5024XIbeverlyb,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am glad that you're pleased with the hotel tidiness and the service provided by our staff. However, I am sorry to learn that we failed to make your stay a complete success due to the issues encountered with the room allocation, bathroom condition, the hot tub, and that you found hotel pricey. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and we are committed in providing the highest quality of accommodation and amenities to all of our guests. Trust that I have made the hotel management aware of your comments as a reference to be considered when planning future upgrades.

I hope you will consider staying with us again when you travel back to the area!

Many thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed 6 January 2021

Bad experience at this hotel. Not sanitized, staff members not wearing masks (even though there is a sign) amd one of them wasn't covering his cough, some broken furniture and walls, smelly, outdated hotel, found hair on hair dryer, dust on vents and fixtures, hot tub wasn't working. Pool area outdated as well, screen broken. Trashy hotel.
Location is good, small town, excellent parks, shopping near the city.
Would Not recommend this hotel at all. Next time I will rather pay 20 extra bucks to other better hotels in Helen, or rent a nice cabin.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Hello Isadora F,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel due to the condition of the room and the lax observation of the health and safety protocols. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Stayed here several years ago, and it was a fairly nice hotel. It isn’t any longer, our first room had no heat or air working, and 45 minutes later we were switched to another one after it became apparent that the
“ maintenance man “ wasn’t showing up.
We now have heat, and after returning from dinner, we discover that there is ZERO hot water in the hotel, and guess what the
“ maintenance man “ is working on it too.
An hour and a half later still no hot water, which means cold showers. Oh yeah, and it’s 25 degrees outside, kind of when you would really want a hot shower .....
And even without these issues, hotel is pretty dated, and in need of a facelift. But the desk clerk at check in was a super nice guy, and did his best to make things better.
Don’t stop here, keep riding .....

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank jj-howard60
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Hi jj-howard60,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your most recent travel.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not perfect from what we are expecting. I've read about the problems with air conditioning and heating in the room that affected your experience with us. I have sent you a private message to get more details to help you further.

We're looking forward to your prompt response.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 17 November 2020

The hotel was very dated, it had rustic mountain-type decor, but badly in need of new furniture and accessories. The current furniture is very worn. The front desk clerk was very nice as well as the attendant in the breakfast bar.

Date of stay: July 2020