Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$130
Agoda.comUS$130
HIExpress.comUS$130
Hotels.comUS$130
PricelineUS$130
StayForLongUS$133
All reviews cinnamon rolls hot tub luggage cart yogurt breakfast bar large bathroom free breakfast each morning up to date sitting area the north georgia mountains gravy microwave hikers dee pillows trail
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2020

This hotel just plain out flippin sucks! Dude was rude , WiFi doesn’t work on anything , place has roaches in rooms , pool area is cold hot tub had dead bugs , mold ( Stagnant water etc let alone charge your card 100+ and say it’s an “ authorization pending” all in all DO NOT STAY HERE!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank _Gi9son
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Hi _Gi9son,

Thank you for sharing your review of your most recent stay.

We always want to share the happiness of travels with all. We're sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory due to the cleaning issues in the room and our facilities, internet connection problems, and the conduct of our staff. I have sent you a private message to get more details to help you further.

We're looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 7 October 2020

My husband and I booked a room late on a Saturday night while visiting the north Georgia mountains. I am an IGH and AAA member, and I also work for a company that has preferred rates, but I was advised when I booked the room that no discounts would be honored. The room for one night was $227.88. The hotel desperately needs a makeover. The paint is peeling in the entire bathroom, two of the light bulbs were out, the tv remote needed batteries, and the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower were all empty. Breakfast was mediocre with one very nice woman doing her best to cook and restock. I never saw anyone clean the tables between guests. For you football fans, there was no ESPN, so we watched the Georgia/Auburn game on our iPad. This is our first stay in quite some time at an IHG property and now I remember why. Try the Ridges Resort a quick drive away for a much better experience at the same price!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Patricia H
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2020

Hi Patricia H,

Thank you for taking the time of the day to post your feedback and for choosing us. I appreciate you as one of our IHG Rewards Club members!

It is good to hear the level of service delivered by our staff while you dined with us exceeded your expectation. We strive to achieve the highest standards to make your experience seamless and memorable. I am sorry for the issues with the general upkeep of the room amenities, bathroom toiletries, and your breakfast encounter.

Our team works hard to provide the utmost care for each guest to ensure we meet their needs. I have shared your comments to the hotel management as a source of our journey to improve. I am sure measures will be in place to enhance the room features and guest satisfaction.

Again, we appreciate your review and the confidence you have placed in us. We hope to prove our commitment to delivering our brand standards at its finest.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

Very friendly staff, free hot breakfast, clean rooms, easy parking, great location. There's a nice little sitting area in the lobby with a fireplace. This will be our go to hotel when we're in the area.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLBill
Reviewed 12 August 2020

First of the all the staff here are amazing. Especially the breakfast lady .

Check in was very warm and front desk lady said we were upgraded and will love the view from our room
If you like looking at AC Units and a massive tree then I suppose this is classed as a view..

A visit to the pool and things went downhill.

There was a family swimming in the pool and first thing I noticed was a long electrical cord running from breakfast area along side the pool feeding a large fan on the hot tub.
The plug and socket was about 2 foot from the pool edge so I moved it back against the wall . A potential dangerous situation.

Shower time and shower was a nightmare. trying to regulate temperature was impossible No pressure when luke warm and boiling hot at full pressure .

And of course their TV service was cut off so no TV working.. They promised an extra 500 points for the trouble ( which I never got )

So lots of issues here and needs an update and better management as the hotel is in a perfect place and has a lot of potential

Date of stay: August 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Hi brendank69,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I appreciate you choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.

We consistently strive to achieve high standards of service and accommodation. I am happy you found the check-in service to be good. I am sorry we failed to deliver the best in our hotel, particularly the maintenance issues with the shower, television, and implementation of safety procedures. Your experience is not the 5-star stay we aim to provide for our valued guests.

We care about your comfort and happiness. I will have the hotel Upper Management look into the issues. I sent you a private message to ask for more information about your stay.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 3 August 2020

The king size room had a refrigerator but the freezer was not working when we first arrived, maybe someone had left the door open to the freezer. It eventually cranked in. Room was nice although the bathroom had mold in the tub because of no vent fans.
The dining room attendant, Dee?, was very personable and helpful. Food was adequate.

Date of stay: July 2020