Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$121
PricelineUS$110
Expedia.comUS$121
eDreamsUS$110
FindHotelUS$121
TravelocityUS$121
All reviews lake chatuge georgia mountain fair grounds yogurt beds were comfortable get away balcony lobby bob ga refrigerator hike
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2020

So I was tired and did not pay as much attention to the room upon first glance as I should have. It thought this would be a quaint little hotel, with a nice lake view and such. The reviewes were overall good so why not. Well like I said, the people were really nice and it was clean with a decent view. The room was dated with paint falling from the ceiling in the bathroom, the wallpaper was splitting away, the title had cracks, the toilet rocked when you sat on it, the ceiling in the room was coming down in one spot and the worst of all was the bed. Not sure how old this thing was, but it was old. Think pillow stuffing tossed on top of plywood laying on something springy bad. I woke up every hour on the hour and was so tired I could not even do anything about it. As I became more aware I became more critical to things where it appears that managment just does not care. Cheap things to fix like scratched doors that just needed to be painted, wallks in the hall that probably could have been cleaned, stuff like that. At least it was clean and the staff was kind.

Room tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express.
1  Thank shawnlakeland
Reviewed 6 July 2020 via mobile

This is an awesome hotel joint. The joint was clean and friendly staff. The front lobby was like a lodge setting and stuff. The back deck was great with a view of the lake.
The room were super nice. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were large.
The breakfast was great. The natives were nice in town. I didn’t see any zombies or tweakers walking around.
I put some views of the lake

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank RobSC1001
Management response:Responded 8 July 2020

Groovy Review Alert!!! Stellar Comments!!! This review has made me and the rest of the staff smile. Thank you for your great use of words and I hope that you will be back soon to enjoy another Awesome stay at Lake Chatuge Lodge.

Reviewed 6 July 2020 via mobile

This place is located on a hill overlooking the lake. The rooms are spacious and have a patio or balcony. The breakfast was forgettable. Due to Covid-19 there was no coffee which I still don’t understand. This Covid-19 experience is already weird enough. Why make it weirder? But, it wasn’t a deal breaker. McDonalds is right down the road and they have decent coffee.

Most of the staff that I dealt with were friendly and helpful. There was this one that wasn’t but isn’t there always at least one?

The parking lot is down a flight of stairs from the front entrance so keep that in mind if you think that wi be an issue.

All in all I think it’s a good choice. I didn’t give it five stars because there was no coffee and my unpleasant experience with the one employee.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 8 July 2020

Thank you for your kind words. I know that during these crazy times we all have to adapt to the changes. According to our Georgia Executive Order, hotels aren't allowed to have open containers in public spaces. This applies to us putting coffee in our lobby. I apologize if this detracted from your overall stay. Our front desk does try to let every guest know at check in that there is a coffee maker in their room because there isn't coffee in the lobby. There are milk and a selection of juices provided during breakfast. I apologize that you had an issue with one of our staff. Please contact me if you would like to further discuss your incident. I'm glad that this didn't affect the rest of your stay and I hope that you will be back soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2020

came up with a group of friends to just ride jeeps and relax. This place very clean and the staff was so helpful especially with all of us there hanging out. Check in was a breeze really liked this place and we all cant wait to come back and visit again.

Date of stay: May 2020
Management response:Responded 8 July 2020

Thank you for your magnificent review. It's great to see that you were able to enjoy the time with your friends while staying at Lake Chatuge Lodge. I'm glad that your check in was easy and I hope that you will be back soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2020 via mobile

For the price the room is totally decent !! We had a beautiful lake view room with balcony looking over the lake and mountains and it was totally relaxing the beach for the kids is right across the street which is so convenient !! I would recommend this lodge especially if you weren’t able to find a lake house or cabin!

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank iwilso09
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2020

Thank you for your Amazing review! I'm glad you enjoyed your Memorial weekend at Lake Chatuge Lodge. The free public beach, located directly across from the hotel, is a great place to relax on a hot day. The Hamilton Gardens, located next to the hotel, is another fun place to walk and explore during your stay. I would also like to mention that all 104 of our rooms offer private balconies for those guests that just want to relax in the room. I appreciate your kind words and we welcome you back at your earliest convenience.