All reviews lake chatuge beautiful view room was clean walking distance continental breakfast first floor private balcony plastic chairs an older property georgia mountain donuts yogurt lobby area stayed two nights canadian bacon cream cheese rustic feel
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Beautiful view of the Lake and Mountains. A little dated but clean and beds are comfortable. They offer free breakfast which is good soft biscuits and real eggs. Freshed baked cookies in the evening coffee always flowing. It’s close to everything and walking distance to Hawg Wild BBQ. Private patio.

Room Tip: Ask for Lake View on backside of Lodge.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review. Thank you for mentioning how clean and comfortable our rooms are. Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to make sure all of our rooms are this way and they always appreciate when a guest comments on their hard work. The fresh baked cookies in the afternoon are always delicious and make the lobby smell so yummy! I hope that you will be back soon and thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Great views of Lake Chatuge, Across the street from the beach and a short drive to town. Nice rustic atmosphere. Not far from Vogel State Park, hiking trails and beautiful mountain setting. Right next door from the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds for entertainment.

Room Tip: Lake front rooms are very nice and a bit more cost but worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your amazing review. As you mentioned in your review, we are centrally located to lots of activities and area attractions. Bell Mountain is a newer area attraction that is a must see when you stay here at Lake Chatuge Lodge. You can see it from our back patio and it's amazing to watch the hang gliders floating over the lake that have launched from Bell Mountain. The Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds is adjacent to our property and a great place to see lots of events in the area. I hope that you will return soon to take in one of the events and thank you again for your great review.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

This lodge looks beautiful when you walk in and the view can't be beat. However, the elevator was dirty. The rooms need a handyman to fix stuff. We had a messed up plug, but front desk didn't seem too concerned when we mentioned that it needed to be replaced. The balcony was hot, no ventilation, and the A/C exhaust made it hot. Little fans in the corner would work wonders in the summer, and I don't think they would be that difficult to hang up. The breakfast had no hot food as we were told upon check in. We were there on a Sunday and many of the restaurants in town were closed. However, the Marina down the road had a great view, great beer and decent food. I enjoyed the trip, but it could have been first class with a little extra effort at this lodge. My husband and I just had a quick getaway (one night).

Room Tip: We had to pay more for the second floor, but the first floor may have had just as good a view, and you could walk out into the breeze.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your review. I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay. I would like to take the time to respond to some of your comments.

As far as the elevator goes, a new floor was installed prior to your arrival and upon inspection there aren't any signs of dirt in the elevator. The new floor looks very nice.
The plug in the outlet in your room was from the alarm clock in the room. The alarm clock was removed and a new one installed. There was also another outlet behind the couch that was changed as well. The outlets do see lots of wear and tear from the housekeepers plugging their vacuums into them when they clean and/or service the room.
Our breakfast from Monday to Friday is a continental breakfast and on Saturday and Sunday there are 3 hot items included. I apologize if our front desk explained it incorrectly to you at check in. There is also a large patio off of our lobby that offers lots of rocking chairs to sit in and look at beautiful Lake Chatuge Lodge as well.
I don't see the hotel adding fans on the balconies anytime soon. If the exhaust from your ac is bothering you, then I would suggest turning it off while you enjoy the beautiful views from the balcony during your next visit.
I hope that you will give us another chance to make a better impression on you.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Annual MOONSHINE CRUIZ-IN much smaller than two years ago.
Room was the same, no improvements since.
Had requested ground floor handicap, DIDNT HAPPEN.
Was relegated to third floor. The ceiling fan was unbalanced and constantly shook and ticked. The main lock would not contact. I reported these to the front desk first day. NEVER fixed.

Interesting that the breakfast was COLD food with HOT food only served on Fri and Sat.

Room was only vacuumed ONCE in the four days of my stay.

Still enjoyed the trip, Probably won't repeat.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank theOLDFRED
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We love all of our guests that come annually for the Georgia Mountain Moonshine Cruiz-In. Everyone is always so warm and inviting so I'm sorry to see you didn't enjoy your stay. Our lakeview and deluxe rooms with 2 queens have recently received new refrigerators and microwaves in those rooms. Our lakeview king rooms have a received new sofas in the room. All of our hallway doors have been upgraded with new keylock systems so we are always upgrading and updating the hotel. The breakfast does come with three hot items on the weekends and reverts to a continental breakfast with no hot items the rest of the week. Our concert on Friday night in the parking lot as a tremendous amount of fun with lots of guests dancing and thoroughly having a great time. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope that you will give us another chance to make a better impression on you.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We booked with friends to visit the fair and local wineries, the hotel setting is beautiful and the location was exceptional for our trip. We checked in the room and my husband took his shoes off the carpet was awful, felt wet under his feet and when he went to shower the the bottom of his feet was black. The bath shower curtain was falling down and the floor tiles were coming up.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecilia R

Thank you for your review. I am glad that your overall stay was a success however I'm sorry that your stay wasn't up to par. I will look into the items that you mentioned weren't satisfactory during your review. Our housekeeping staff does an amazing job of cleaning the rooms and keeping them in tip top condition. I will make sure all the rooms are carpet cleaned once again. This is done quarterly but your carpet was apparently not done to a pristine condition so I apologize for that. I hope that you and your friends will be back again to let us show you how amazing of a place this is.