Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews farm animals tent camping petting zoo hiking trails bath house trout babbling brook get away travel trailer beautiful waterfall memorial day mountain retreat north georgia stream trampoline campsite nature
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2020

While the campground is a neat place, the business side of things is a mess. Multiple over charges without my permission on my credit card and then they were hostile and vicious when I tried to call to discuss the issue. I would hate for anyone to have to experience the treatment we had to endure from the leadership of this campground. We have stayed at this campground for two years in a row. The first year was great. I’m not sure what changed but we definitely will NOT be going back again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank B460GRvanessam
Reviewed 2 November 2020

We stayed in one of the small cabins and had an amazing stay. The retreat is just what the name says. The grounds were beautiful and we enjoyed the beautiful waterfall, the pond and just the beauty of God's creation here. Dr. Swann was so gracious, accommodating and so very kind. We plan on a return visit.

Reviewed 6 October 2020

We went camping at Enota for the first time. The weather was exquisite and we could not have asked for a better camping experience. I had seen this retreat featured on Georgia Traveler on Georgia Public Broadcasting and also did a bit of research. It is truly beautiful. The owner has done everything to keep it as unspoiled as possible, while providing campers, from those with large, extravagant RVs to pop-ups to primitive tent pads, the best places to experience the outdoors.

There is a little store in the lodge that has essentials, including firewood and ice (important!). There are snacks, and games and books for the kids to borrow. There are also some mountain crafts for sale. The campsites are really nice. We walked around and looked at all the various set-ups and they have really done all they can to accommodate all types of campers.

To us, the crown is the native plant life on the property. If you aren't familiar with native plants, this is the place to learn. The property is full of both common and hard-to-find native plant life. We will be back in the spring to see the abundant Rhododendrons and Mountain Laurel in bloom! Ferns cover the forest floor and it is like hiking in a very distant protected land, but just a couple of hours from Atlanta.

We loved the primitive tent camping area. Our spot was right by the stream with a picnic table and fire pit. It was a hike to the rest of the campground, but we didn't mind that. You can go on-line and look at the map and different sites. It is worth it!!
Enjoy Enota!!

Reviewed 21 September 2020

We reserved our spot(#25) on the campground via the internet a few weeks in advance and were not disappointed in any part of our week long stay. Once we arrived on the property there were signs leading us to the lodge for check-in. There was plenty of maneuvering room for us to back our 33' travel trailer into our spot which featured a deck, picnic table, full hook-ups complete with a babbling brook behind us. The property has a very clean bath house, great kids play area including three trampolines, lots of open space, creeks, stocked trout pond, trails and waterfalls. The owner and staff were very helpful and truly wanted to ensure we enjoyed our time at Enota. We liked it so much we have already made a future reservation and can't wait to return!!! Thank you for a great vacation.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 18 September 2020

I wanted to write this review because prior to our visit I had read a ton of reviews and they were either really good or really really bad, seemed like nothing in between. First off we went in August of 2020. The BAD... the property needs ALOT of work and seems really run down. I am sure COVID did not help. Most the reviews you read on there website and videos you see are from long ago. The petting Zoo only had a few animals and run down. There was no garden of any type. I met a few workers and most had just started that day or day before we got there. I will say I thought everyone working at the place was very nice, so not sure about some negative reviews on that. We stayed in Seneca cabin and it was down right gross. The place stunk of mildew and mold(so no way you can stay there if you have allergies) the bedspread looked like it had not been washed in months. And there was actually blood stain on the sheets( I had read this from a previous review also) One of the workers informed me to be careful in the bathroom as they new the floor was sagging and they were in the process of trying to get it fixed. They have major water leakage going on in the cabin.(I believe from the shower/Bath). So my take is CABINS No, and we paid 165 a night so wasn't cheap by any means. That is the BAD. Now for the good. I thought the campsites for tent and RV.s was fantastic. Our friends were in a RV and the sites have a beautiful creek that runs through the entire park. Each RV site had a nice wooded gated deck with table that the RV's pull right in front of . I really thought that was a nice. ALso the location of this park is fantastic. Close to Helen, Blairsville, Hiawasse. It's a shame because I think at one time this place must of really been something. Maybe 20 years ago. Another thing the websit states , restaurant and spa. NO way anything of that type was there at all. Truthfully i think the webpage was done years ago. Most the stuff you see on is no longer available. I will say for the kids they seemed like they were trying to get there act together. They would take them on firetruck rides within the park. So my review is YES FOR CAMPING AND RV AND NO NO NO FOR CABINS>

Date of stay: August 2020