4 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$41
PricelineUS$168
HIExpress.comUS$168
travelup.comUS$191
All reviews pancake machine front desk remote control great stay yogurt in town morning breakfast hotel is great downtown area fire pit big daddy heated pool room was spacious the breakfast area the river hot breakfast get away
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2021

My friends and I get together every other month. We love staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Helen. It is always clean and service is great. Stacy and Shelly make every thing perfect for us. These ladies are top notch. It is close enough but not in the middle of the action. We are in walking distance to everything. And the best place to eat is at Bigg Daddy's. These ladies recommended it to us. We will continue to stay here every time we are in town. Thanks for another great stay ladies.

Room tip: Stayed in a corner suite with a room adjoining. The area between the rooms was perfect all could hang out together. So much fun....
Date of stay: February 2021
Stacy Gray, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Soccermom1377,
Thank you so much for your kind review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Helen, GA. Shelly and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and love that you come back every other month. We look forward to your next stay in Helen.

Reviewed 11 February 2021

I stay in Helen 2 to 3 times a year but usually have my dogs. When it's just me, I love being able to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It is always so clean and comfortable. Stacy made sure my reservation was complete due to my app being problematic. She, along with all the staff are always so helpful and courteous.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Stacy Gray, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

bluesteyesinTX,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Helen, Ga. The staff is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that I was able to make your reservation, even though the app was not working with you.

Reviewed 1 February 2021

We have been here several times. Always the best experience. The staff is wonderful and helpful. The hotel is very clean and every employee wears a mask. We have consistent pleasant service. The young man who services our room is constantly asking us if we need anything and Janie who runs the breakfast checks on us during our entire weekend and provides delicious options for breakfast. This hotel could not run this event As efficiently if it wasn’t for Stacy Gray. Thank you so much for letting us feel so important and making our weekend so great.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Stacy Gray, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

donnagT5753EC,
Thank you so much for your kind review! We love having the Scrappy Chicks here with us. Janie and Jeff are assets to the company and I am so glad they always take such great care of you. We can't wait to see the group here next month!

Reviewed 25 December 2020

My family was excited to visit Helen, GA for Octoberfest 2020. We chose this property in part due to the Holiday Inn Express brand standards during COVID. These are prominently displayed on the brand website. None of what was promised was delivered. In fact - it was just scary. My initial thought was this would be a 4-star review. Then it dropped to 3 after seeing most staff / guests not wearing masks. But it dropped to 1 after realizing the staff told people NOT to wear masks.

Our stay started out nicely enough. Check-in was good and our room was fine. Then we started noticing that much of the housekeeping staff did not wear masks (as required). Then we started noticing that most of the guests were not wearing masks (as required). There were signs all over the property instructing everyone to wear masks. So we figured there were a few rouge guests and staff. Fine. But then we overheard the front desk agent tell someone checking in "feel free to ignore all the signs about masks, our governor says it's a personal decision, Holiday Inn makes us put those signs up but feel free to ignore them." Wow. Just wow.

This was during day two of our four night stay. It was too late to leave at that time, so we went back to the room and packed so we could leave ASAP the next morning. I have never thrown away a hotel night before but this hotel's complete lack of caring made up leave early.

I would love to return and enjoy the area, but if the hotel can't make guests feel comfortable (and abide by brand requirements) then I'll be staying somewhere else.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank John_goes_to_India
Stacy Gray, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2020

John_goes_to_India,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express HELEN.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 7068781084 or stacy.gray.hiex@gmail.com.

Reviewed 5 November 2020 via mobile

We had booked an airbnb cabin in Helen,GA only to find put the power was out from a storm that recently came through the area. After being given the run around from the Airbnb hosts and explaining our situation to Shelly at the front desk, she offered us a great deal for the remainder of stay and we couldn't have been happier with our room. After being given the run around it was nice to finally settle into a place, we even decided to stay an extra night!
As for the room, it was immaculate. Everything was super clean. We got new towels with no hassle whatsoever. I recommend the room with the balcony and jetted tub. It was such a nice addition!
If I ever go back to Helen, I will stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lilleanne_80
Stacy Gray, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

Lillieanne_80,
Thank you so much for your kind review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Helen, Ga. The staff is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Shelly is an asset to our company, and I am glad that she was able to save your trip. We look forward to your next stay in Helen.