Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$135
eDreamsUS$112
Expedia.comUS$123
TravelocityUS$123
Lol.travelUS$135
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

Had to wait 2 extra hours to check in due to rooms needing to be cleaned. We ended up with a different room than we had reserved (no hot tub). The “breakfast” consisted of coffee available at the reception and pre packaged muffins, pure false advertising in my opinion. This place was the lowlight of a 10 night driving trip, lost time in Helen for which we had only one evening. Would not recommend this place.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 139ScottM
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

Very disappointing, the room and service was the worst ever. When we arrived to our room, no shower curtain, no TV because cable company went bankrupt what we was told before we arrived . The room wasn’t cleaned during the day when we went out. Only got two towels and wash rags. Was told to bring old towels to get more towels. No access to pool because it was drained and no continental breakfast was offered. Was very noisy and finally we were checked out of our room because someone checked out and gave the wrong room number and we had to go down and tell the front desk we had another night. Very bad hotel never again we we ever stay at this dump of a hotel.My recommendation don’t stay at this Econo Lodge in Helen Ga don’t waste your money.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BHKH5956
Reviewed 10 August 2020

We arrived 30 minutes after check in and were told it would be 30 minutes before the room was ready. We came back 30 minutes later and were told it would be a few more minutes. We waited another hour! No explanation, no apology. Nothing. They could've at least been honest about how long it'd be so we could do something else and make accommodations for our food that was spoiling in the cooler. The manager looked like she would laugh at my boyfriend when he requested a discount to comp for our room not being ready until two full hours after check in, but ultimately gave us 10% off. She eventually told us that the wait was because there was only one maid. There were three women at the front desk. We really did not appreciate that she tried to blame it on the maid instead of helping her while someone else watched the desk or asking one of the other girls to help. We watched another group demand a full refund and stay somewhere else because they were still not in their room at 5 pm either. In addition to the staff's unprofessional manner, they were also unprofessionally dressed. The room was clean and really nice once we finally got to check in.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank anonymous35761x
Reviewed 5 August 2020

I booked two rooms five weeks in advance with reward points for two nights here. I was called at 5PM the day of check in by the "manager" telling me they canceled my reservation because they were overbooked. I am a Diamond level member, spending thousands each year on Choice Hotels, and in doing so, expect certain treatment. I know this is an Econo Lodge and not the Ritz, but canceling on me after check in time the day of is wrong when traveling from 6 hours away.
Helen is extremely busy during the summer, so finding another place was going to be impossible. I told the manager she would have to help provide me another place to stay. She called me back and said she found me two rooms in a town 30 minutes away. I had little choice. Arriving at new hotel, the clerk told me the cost to check in. I stated this should be covered by the Econo Lodge since they messed up my reservation. The Econo manager said she couldn't do that, so off we went again in place of somewhere to stay. We found 2 rooms at a hotel in town for a total of $600.
We did stay at the Econo Lodge the next night because I didn't have another $600 to blow from our vacation budget. We were told we could check in early (by lunch). What a dump!!! We didn't get in until after 5:00. One room was covered in pet hair, there were no towels, the linens were stained, the rooms were musty.
I still, 3 weeks later, have not been able to recoup any money, any reward points, or get anyone from Choice Gotels to return my calls. They have lost a customer for life.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sking316
Reviewed 13 July 2020

I needed a low-cost room for a business trip and believed Choice was making changes. I was wrong – again!. The front desk clerk was nice but quite willing to review her crazy day with me regarding another employee’s recent confrontation with a guest and the police. She gave me the room key and I went into the room only to be choked by the smell of smoke in a room that was supposed to be non-smoking. I went back to the desk and told her. She apologetically gave me another room with the same amenities next to the first. I walked in and although there wasn’t a smoky smell it was quite musty. After turning on the air conditioner, I began looking around the room After noticing a stain on the bed comforter, I bent down and smelled that the stain was fresh urine! I’m a gracious person so I went back for one more try. Again, she apologized and gave me a new room; however, this one was not the type of room I asked for regarding the amenities. I took the room but expected some sort of discount since there was no in-room jacuzzi. No deal! Other issues were: smoky smell around the whole building; the dirty parking lot and outside walkways; water draining from all the AC units into the walkways; suspicious persons coming and going in and out of rooms all night; housekeeping man who literally walked into my room and just stared at me after telling him I was on the way out… he finally closed the door; linens looked old, worn and stained; furniture was old; the tub drained slow while taking a shower and needed much attention to caulking and mildew. There was an obvious uncleaned area behind the toilet. I would go on but won't... This hotel is far below my expectations with changes in I’ve seen in Choice brand hotels trying to become a better value. (not the best, but at least a clean comfortable experience and a good night's rest)

Room tip: If you're looking for quite, then the back side facing the church parking lot. If rowdy, anywhere else.
Date of stay: June 2020