“Great Location!!! WONDERFUL Staff!!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We were met with a Big smile from Justin when we checked in and our stay here continued to be as welcoming as his Smile. Our room was spacious, extremely clean and quiet. Water-pic shower head was great after the drive there. Parking was abundant. Breakfast was filling and pleasing!!! Mini sausage biscuits, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, granola bars, cereals, juices, tea and Wonderful coffee!!! You are in perfect short driving distance to the town and can avoid the main street traffic by going the back way into town. And if you are up for a nice walk you can get to town and restaurants easy also!!! Justin and staff take great interest in their guests and are full suggestions for activities and places to eat!!! Thanks AGAIN to Justin and All the staff for making our stay WONDERFUL!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sam P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was a memorable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Really couldn't beat the price you paid for what it included. Less than a mile away from downtown Helen, which kept you just out of some of the heavy traffic. When our remote stopped working in our room, someone from the hotel staff fixed the issue in under 20 minutes. Couldn't have asked for a more friendly and hospitable staff. Would recommend for a great deal to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sam P, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let all of the staff know that they made an impact during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came up to Helen for our anniversary. We were able to get off of work a little early and not have to drive overnight, so we called on the way to see about adding a night to our reservation. Super sweet lady helped us out, and checked us in when we arrived. She got us in one of the newly renovated rooms and made sure we’d stay in the same room (not have to switch for our original reservation). My boyfriend loved the cereal bar for breakfast, but I’m a picky eater so I packed my own breakfast items.
Close distance to almost everything we were wanting to do (Alpine Helen, Anna Ruby, Sunburst Stables, etc.)
We came up for a short weekend getaway, so we didn’t spend a lot of time in the room. Sleep, change, showers. It was a good stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We are always pleased to be your second home when you're in our area.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

All we needed was a place to sleep and take care of shower, etc. It was fine for that but walls and doors needed painted. All in all it needs a complete makeover. Worked for us and the price was ok. Great location but....

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Econo Lodge H, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are currently remodeling and hope to have things up to your expectations by next summer

Sincerely

Justin L

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I stayed here last night for one night and the room was not what I'd come to expect from a Choice hotel. My first room had dirty curtains and it smelled like a bug bomb had been detonated. There were gnats and little flat backed bugs; one was on the curtain. I couldn't eat my dinner because the smell bothered me so much. I don't think the filter in the air conditioner had been changed because I itched more when it was on ( I turned it on to help clear the air). The lock was hard to turn so I didn't feel safe. The only reason I gave a two rating was because the guy behind the desk was good about giving me a new room which was cleaner and had a hot tub but the bedspread was dirty.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. I will share your comments appropriately with our team.