3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hampton.comUS$154
Agoda.comUS$154
PricelineUS$154
Hotels.comUS$154
Expedia.comUS$154
StayForLongUS$176
1,279 results
All reviews front desk the river covered parking the main street within walking distance complimentary breakfast room was clean great place to stay king suite shops and restaurants in town anna ruby falls ga balcony elevator fireplace benches
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2020

Stayed here in Room 232 during the Sunday & Monday nights of Memorial Day Weekend 2020 during the pandemic. Hilton had emailed me days before assuring me their properties were taking the new cleaning & sanitization seriously. This eased my fears about traveling here. Nothing could be further from the truth at this property. I am a Hilton Diamond Medallion Member and have never encountered a worse Hampton Inn in the last ten years. This is not a safe, clean place to stay during the pandemic.

1) My room had lots of gnats. I killed about a dozen & they were still there when I left. They flew around me constantly in the bathroom & at the desk. So aggravating.
2) I found lots of hair stuck to the bathroom wall & ceiling. I found two big hairs near pillows on the bed.
3) There was a piece of deodorant stick & dirt left behind the main door.
4) The team members at the front desk were not wearing masks.
5) On my second day, I removed my Do Not Disturb sign and placed it inside my room to go to lunch around noon. I saw a member of housekeeping with a spray bottle & no mask in the hall and told him my room was ready to be clean. I return at 5:30 PM to find a note on the door saying they had tried to come by to clean, but could not. Someone had placed ANOTHER Do not disturb sign on the door to make it seem like I had forgotten to remove it. I had not. Mine was still in the room where I had placed it after removing it.
6) This property does not yet use digital keys which are important during the pandemic.
7) Trash is not emptied daily in common areas next to the ice/vending machine. The same pile of trash next to trash can was still there 24 hours later on my second day.
8) The bathroom mirror and bottom of the shower were old & rusty and need to be replaced.

Danger. Do not stay here until management gets their act together. Extremely disappointing experience for the price paid. Definitely not up to the Hilton Honors Standards that one can usually always trust.

Date of stay: May 2020
9  Thank maconMouse
Suzie Crowell, General Manager at Hampton Inn Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2020

Thank you for your response! I am so sorry our team was not following all of the Hilton CleanStay protocols we have in place to protect our guests during your stay with us. I can assure you all team members are now following the guidelines and we are wearing masks and cleaning, sanitizing and disenfecting our rooms after every stay. Please come back and you will be happy to see how we are taking care of our guests in the Hilton/Hampton standard you have come to expect and deserve.

Reviewed 20 March 2020

My wife and I checked in 3/16/20 and really enjoyed our stay. Nice Comfy beds, clean rooms, and very convenient. All of the Staff were Extremely Nice and Courteous!!!
It was really nice being able to hear the river when we opened the door to the balcony (which over looked the river)! We were in the area to see the A Trail. Very THANKFUL TO KATIE who gave us a place to go that was easy to get to via car and visit the Trail!!! She did the research, printed the directions and address and FIXED US UP!! If it weren't for her, we would not have been able to see it because to get to Springer Mountain the road is more than our car could have handled. THANKS FOR MAKING OUR TRIP A SUCCESS KATIE!!!! YOU ROCK!!

Conrad Mingledorff

Room tip: Get a Room over looking the River!!!
Date of stay: March 2020
Drew_Sullens, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2020

Katie has definitely shown to be a bright star here as our newest team member. She's really and asset and a blessing to us, so we're glad you had such great interactions with her! Thanks for the feedback and we hope you'll return and visit us again soon! Ya'll be safe.

-Drew

Reviewed 2 March 2020

We had a 1 bedroom King suite. It was plenty of room for the two of us. The oversized jacuzzi tub was great to soak in after a day of walking around Helen. The location was great. It was only one street behind mian street but noise was not an issue at all. The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful in giving us advise on places to eat or look around. The two main things I look for in a hotel room is safety and cleanliness. Hampton Inn Helen was great on both of those things.

Date of stay: February 2020
SusieC77, General Manager at Hampton Inn Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your jacuzzi tub and our convenient location. I have shared your postive staff comments with our team and they were very pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Helen!

Reviewed 29 February 2020

Great staff & convenient location to visit downtown Helen. Clean, comfortable & perfect views of the river from the right side of hotel. Barbecue, fire pit and other amenities by the river were enjoyed by some guests. Looked fun!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us! We're so glad you enjoyed your riverview room. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2020

Excellent location to restaurants and shopping in Helen, Ga. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've had. Sheltered parking was a definite plus. Stay here!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much! We're so glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us. The breakfast team is very pleased with your response and housekeeping thanks you too! We love our sheltered parking especially with all of the rain we have been having. Come back and see us soon!