3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$86
Agoda.comUS$86
eDreamsUS$86
Hotels.com
FindHotel
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2020

Peggy the manager of the hotel was very kind and nice, she pointed out to us places to see also places to eat. Peggy pointed out to our family what a fun place Helen is. Peggy went above and beyond for our stay at American Best Value Inn- Helen. I will visit this hotel and city again. Thanks again.

Room tip: Ask front desk manager for the best places to visit in area and where to eat.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

This is absolutely the worst hotel and I cannot imagine why it has not been condemned. It is filthy. I know for a fact the sheets were not changed because there was hair in the bed and the remote was lost between the headboard and wall. The room smelled so bad. I tried to cancel our reservation for the next day as soon as we arrived and was told I could not cancel the next day so I lost the money instead of staying there. Believe me it is horrible. Roaches running the walls and rat hotels outside the door.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Neelju
Reviewed 1 January 2020

Based on the room rate we did not have very high expectations. Well let me tell you that even the low expectations were not met. Arrival went fairly smoothly. Peggy was very friendly and helped us with the 3 rooms I had reserved.

I had reserved “no smoking” rooms; once in the rooms it was obvious that there had been smokers in the room prior to our arrival. To say the rooms are out-dated would be an understatement. I won’t bore you with all the details, but here is a synopsis of our room: found an acrylic nail on the bathroom floor, ladies underwear found in one dresser drawer, there was am empty chip bag in the bed side table and an incense stick still jammed in the door frame and oh yea the phone did not work.

All I can say is … Only stay at Americas Best Value in Helen GA. if there is an emergency and you have no where else to sleep.

Room tip: Don't ever stay at this
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 17 October 2019

We were on the first floor overlooking the highway, but surprisingly enough it wasn't very noisy. From the outside you might be turned away, but we found the hotel to be very clean without any odor. The beds were comfortable. The T.v. was small but adequate. And the towels were a bit sparse but not terrible.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.
We found the town behind the main highway to be worth looking at. Its a quaint little village

Room tip: We were in the front and didn't have a problem with the noise, but I'm sure the back would've been very quiet
Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

Got a room during Octoberfest when rooms are really scarce. Easily the worst hotel I have stayed in since Vietnam in 1968. Paper thin walls and totally run down rooms. Had a nice TV but reception was snowey. All this for $225. A disgrace. Also the breakfast and coffee were substandard.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 668jimk