Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$154
Agoda.comUS$154
PricelineUS$154
TripadvisorUS$154
StayForLong
All reviews hot tub suite family owned queen suite gas fireplace shops and restaurants bed was comfortable stay there again walking distance to downtown mini fridge anna ruby falls windmill kingdom tubs linens
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2020

We booked the room in the windmill. It was nice. Gas fireplace for 'romance".
The staff was all very nice and friendly. I was told in advance that I would have to carry my bags up a flight of stairs. Just had to be careful. Bath towels need to be upgraded. Very thin. Views are nice but windows need room darkening curtains.
Centrally located to all the shops and restaurants. Steep hill to walk up to get to your room. Overall nice place to stay.

Reviewed 14 December 2020

Great location and cute appearance outside. But, really, very dated and depressing. In the king suite, private patio was not usable with no cushions on patio furniture and "view" directly on parking lot. Whole place needs a complete renovation. Definitely not worth the high price. And, with regard to the price, beware that they will inform you of a 3.9% add on fee for using credit card...about one hour before you arrive. They informed us by phone call while we were in route after driving close to 500 miles. So no time to arrange cash payment. They blamed Booking.com but they should be able to get Booking to clarify these payment details.

Reviewed 12 December 2020

We just stayed here for the first time, but I hope it's not the last. Very nice staff! Very accommodating. We LOVED staying in the Queen suite on 2nd floor of the Windmill. The gas fireplace is a great add. We like that the room has a balcony you share with the only other room up on that floor. But I think we were the only one there that night so we never saw anyone else.

We loved that they included HULU with TV service in the room on a ROKU stick. So plenty to watch after sight-seeing. And it always worked. Good internet signal too.

The bed was very comfortable.

And what a nice touch they let us explore the Charlemagne Train Museum next door (where you check in) for free. Nice add on. We still gave a donation because we'd love to see it stay open and maintained. But really nice added benefit.

It's also a nice bonus they are right next to or across from 2 of the best breakfast spots in the area! (Hofer and Cimmi). I also liked that the mini-fridge has a mini freezer too. I don't like when hotels have mini fridges that are just fridges or my ice packs don't stay frozen for the drive home. They have a microwave too.

My ONLY issue was at night we didn't have much hot water. But it eventually recovered and we wondered if it was due to the hot tubs on the bottom floor windmill rooms. Morning was no issue. And each room could use more or bigger towels and some Kleenex. Those are my only suggestions.

But we'd stay again for sure! We plan to look out for future deals and go on a weekday last minute sometime.

Room tip: Queen Windmill Room is great
Reviewed 15 November 2020

Booked the Bavarian king for 2 nights at the end of a week long vacation looking for some relaxation. The renovated suites are nicely decorated but have paper thin walls. Immediately after checking in and getting our luggage into the room our idiot neighbors mistakenly walked into our room. Later that night (12:50 pm) we were woken up by said idiot neighbors stumbling around drunk, thankfully they found the right room this time. Wanting to avoid another sleepless night we checked out a day early and were told our 2nd night would be refunded. A week later still no refund and managment is refusing to return our calls. Next time we visit Helen we'll be sure to spend the extra money and get a cabin.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Becca8anne
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

Overall positive experience there. Staff were courteous & helpful. Room overall was great Needed a few things like chairs to sit @ the table - facial tissues. I still recommend it to my friends. Close to town walking distance. Beautiful area of the country. We loved Anna Ruby falls...

Date of stay: October 2020