“Breakfast stop about once a month - good food”
Review of Hofer's of Helen

Hofer's of Helen
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Helen
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Hofer's Bakery & Cafe is an Authentic Bavarian Bakery and Cafe located just north of town center in Helen Georgia. European Cakes, Pastries, and "Old World" Breads compliment our delicious Breakfast and Lunch served in our relaxing dining room. We offer both German and American food favorites to satisfy the taste of all customers. Visit our "Gift Vault" where you will find many unique imported foods and gift items. Mail order service is available. Our outdoor Biergarten (located on our covered front deck) is open summer and fall (weather permitting) featuring delicious food, Beer and Wine and live music entertainment. Please call visit our website for more information
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Love the food at breakfast and great coffee, have not tried lunch. Pastries are great take home as well as bread.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We were hungry after sleeping through breakfast and arriving here just after they stopped serving breakfast. So glad we missed it. My reuben sandwich was the best I've had in a long time! The portions were huge and everything was delicious! In fact, we were too full to buy any of those wonderful mouth watering patries that enticed us at the door. Now, I want to go back!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have to bring a cooler to Helen because I always stop at Hofer's to bring back some Bavarian meat that I can't get where I live.The pastry is so good,and they sell products from Germany as well.There's a small cafe and a beer garden.Hofer's alone is the kind of place that is worth the ride If it weren't already a part of Helen.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Visited for breakfast around 9:15am on Sunday, January 29th... We were greeted and seated right away by the hostess and our waitress was quick to take care of us. For breakfast, my husband and I shared a "pot" (a little over 2 cups) of coffee, I had the Alpine French Toast and my husband had the ham and cheese omelet. The french toast was divine! My husband liked the omelet, but wasn't overly thrilled. It had an extra "eggy" taste... If that makes sense. I tasted it and agreed. It could be due to a difference in preparation than what we're used to. No big deal. Overall, we enjoyed the warm atmosphere, service and breakfast at Hofer's! We'll definitely visit again in the future!

Reviewed 28 January 2012

My wife and I ate lunch here late January. She ordered the chicken salad sandwich and I ordered a brat with sauerkraut. great lunch in good atmosphere. the bakery had brochen and all the great German breads, pastries and apple strudel.

Been to Hofer's of Helen? Share your experiences!