All reviews room was clean liquor store general store shops and restaurants stay there again walking distance the general manager nice breakfast in town the main strip betty's country store location is great bagels an older hotel downtown area nice stay get away
Reviewed 10 July 2018

This is our 4th time to Helen. We normally stay at a "competitor" hotel, but the people we were traveling with had pets...and Quality Inn happily accepts pets. I was familiar with the area, and QI is within a very short walking distance to everything!! The rooms were VERY clean, and seemed updated (we were in rooms 102&103). The cleaning ladies were always very friendly. Upon checking in, we were a little early. We had tried to check in around 1pm, but were told our rooms weren't ready. After walking around a while, we decided to check again. They still were not ready. So we sat in the lobby, and waited (comfortably, as it was warm out, and the AC in the lobby was nice). About 15 minutes after waiting, a lady came from the office, and asked why we were waiting. I explained our room wasn't ready, and she double checked...and it WAS ready! It was early, so we were very happy!!
The beds were very comfortable as well. The room had 2 doubles, a writing desk, dresser and TV, night stand, a mini fridge and microwave.
The pool area is small, but it is clean and well kept with chairs, tables, umbrellas and pool towels.
If I HAD to write a negative, it would be the breakfast. It was ok. I drank coffee and had a bagel. I looked at the "hot" food, and it didn't look appetizing. They did have apples, instant oatmeal and grits (in the little packages), cereal, bagels, toast, a waffle maker, and pre packaged danishes. So for "free" breakfast, it was acceptable :)
Also, I did find a lower price for this room on another site, and I followed the instructions on the "choice hotels" website, and they emailed me back right away with the price match and a gift card after my stay. That was really nice!

Room Tip: not sure about the other rooms, but ours were quiet 102 & 103
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Alpine Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

On behalf of our staff, we would like to thank you for your recent stay. We are glad that we have exceed your standards. We appreciate your feedback which will help us expand on making our service even better on your next visit. We would like to invite you to stay with us again one day for another extraordinary stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Room was dirty and never cleaned properly. Headboard fell off one of the beds.found part of a toy that was left from others.beds were not comfortable.waited 10 to 15 minutes for clerk to arrive so we could check in.dirty towels left in floor

Stayed: June 2018

On behalf of our staff, we would like to deeply apologize for failing to meet your standards. We appreciate your feedback and will be working hard to correct the issues. We would like to gladly invite you back to stay with us and give us one more chance to give you the best quality we can. I would like to give you a special discount for your next stay on behalf of the inconvenience.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We were very happy to get a last minute room here for 4th of July! The price was great, and they allowed dogs! The room was clean and updated. The beds were comfy and the mini fridge was larger than at other hotels! The staff at the front was very nice and helpful! The location is awesome if you are wanting to get to Main Street quickly, but it is a bit of a walk if you are going tubing! Still much better than trying to fight the traffic! There were grassy areas near by for dogs, and Betty’s store is across the street! WiFi at the hotel wasn’t good, but they said it’s been messed up ever since the flood! Overall great price and experience for us!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This motel is average but the location is great! You can park your car for free and walk to the "strip". Motel is located off the strip so it is very quiet. Carpet in rooms need cleaning more than one would expect early in the season. Otherwise, the room was very clean. Internet is basically nonexistent but we were told that at check in. Beds and bedding were good but towels are way too thin for a place that is charging more than $80 a night!! Breakfast was typical for the chain with cereal, eggs, bacon, waffle maker, pastries, etc. but was not kept filled and clean as the desk clerk was expected to keep up the breakfast bar along with check outs.

Room Tip: No elevator--if stairs are a problem, ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank choicegirl

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Pool is closed. We prepaid for a room with 2 beds and downstairs but when we arrived the only thing they could give us was a room with 1 bed upstairs. My husband is a disabled vet with a leg brace. It was really hard on us to get upstairs. Then they Rented our room to another couple while we were in it. Front desk staff Banging on the door waking us up at 11 O’clock at night and about scared us to death Other guest told us all the housekeeping walked out the day before. I don’t know if they even changed the sheets between guests. The owner was there but refused to admit that he was the owner and did not care about any of the problems guest were having. My advice DON’T STAY HERE..

Room Tip: Don’t rent here
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie R
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Alpine Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

We are so very sorry that you had an unsatisfactory stay with us! We take all of your feedback to heart and we apologize deeply for this! We do hope that you will stay with us again and let us try and give you the experience that you deserve!
Ashley Wilson