All reviews indoor pool and hot tub basic amenities continental breakfast visit helen king room enjoyed our stay bed was comfortable get away a great place to stay
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Not a pleasant experience. Water backed up in tub while taking shower. When turning on hair dryer, it almost caught fire. No room phone even though one was advertised for room. Front desk was unavailable to speak with about these matters. I did speak with Steve who said he was the housekeeper. He honestly tried to apologize about the poor conditions and found another hair dryer. I will definitely stay elsewhere next visit.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Rating this place a 1 is an overstatement. The Jameson is definitely never ever going to be our choice again. We have stayed here several times over the years but never again. Our last stay in 2014 was good. Our daughter loves the fact that they have an indoor pool that we can swim in during our stay in the winter time. We called ahead and reserved our room and upon arrival the front office smelled of cigarettes and funk, the pool was as green as a swamp and the clerk appeared to be asleep in the back. I had to ring the bell twice before he rudely stuck his head out from back and said “Do you need something?”. Then I told him I had reservations and he staggered over to the computer punching the keys very hard in anger. Then I asked why the pool was green and he said “it’s not green, go look if you want”, so my wife and daughter walked around and opened the door and said it’s still green. So he looked at me and said “So are you staying or not?”. We left to go find another hotel. The pool apparently hasn’t been cleaned in a long time as it had patches of algae all over the pool and the hot tub as well. If you are in the Helen area pay a little extra to stay somewhere else or get a tetanus shot before and after your stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Ronnie R
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This place has seriously gone down hill in the last 3 Years! Our first stay was back in 2013 and our second stay was in 2014. So this year for our annual after Christmas mini vacation, we went straight to the Jameson..... bad idea! As soon as we walked into the front office we were slammed in the face with cigarette smoke INSIDE! We waited at the front desk for about 4 or 5 minutes before some guy came creeping out of a back door. He seemed either to be just waking up or stoned out of his gourd. And instead of asking us if he could help us, he sarcastically asked, “whattya want?” My husband told him that we had reservations and I said, to wait that something looked wrong with the indoor pool (which can be seen from the office) THE POOL WAS GREEN! Like green jello green!! So the guy is adamant that the water is not green and tells me to go into the pool room to take a look. My daughter and so walked in and sure enough, it was still green..... not to mention, all of the soda cans and trash littered around. So, with that, I suggested that we go down the street a bit. The guy got angry, threw his hands up, and yelled “whatever!” And slunk back to his back room..... there’s no telling what the rooms would have looked like! Thank goodness we took a pass on this one!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank robertspartyof3
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

After arriving late at night we checked in. We got stuff up to room and unpacked. The floor was obviously not vacumed. Turned on the very old box tv... crappy picture. Later on got ready to sleep and there was no fitted sheet on the bed. Went down stairs and could not get anyone. Was very tired so just sucked it up. Woke up and realized we only had a hand towel and two wash rags , counter had hair and dirt on it, shower curtain rod was broke, shower handle fell off several times, burn holes in everything. Worst stay i have ever had. Went to check out and told the so called manager-handyman-house keeper and all he said was yea.. yea...yea to every thing. Could not get a refund or discount because on the ticket it says you have 15 min to come back to front desk. Now being that it was well after the 15 min mark that we found all this out made no difference. Will def spread the word about this place and my experience. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ljmsam
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Lots not to like for the price. Not that I can't live with them it's just not what you expect for market price in America. Roach crawling on the wall, other empty room doors wide open at 9pm at night, privacy curtains don't completely close.

Look elsewhere in this town.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo