3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$118
Hotels.comUS$118
eDreamsUS$118
PricelineUS$118
Agoda.comUS$118
TravelocityUS$118
1,505 results
All reviews the river within walking distance place to stay downtown helen main street parking lot continental breakfast cabin pet microwave muffins float porch office oktoberfest
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2020 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here and was very impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms even though they were pet friendly. The rooms were simple but smelled clean and i felt like they were safe to stay in this time of covid.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustysadventures
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

Clean, great location, and friendly service. We have stayed there before and never had any issues. The only complaint was the wi-fi service. It was very slow, but it’s not their fault. I know that there are only one or two service providers in the area.

1  Thank Elainej165
Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

I’m giving this a 1 star for a few reasons. When I booked my reservation for a cabin online, I immediately called the office and requested that they put me and my family in a cabin with a water view and the manager said yes that would be fine. When my family and I showed up, the manager Cassandra was outside smoking, I waited inside at the desk for quite some time for her to finish smoking to check us in. We were given Cabin 6 and it did not have a water view at all. We were facing the back of other cabins that did have a water view. I called the office and she rudely told me that she wasn’t going to move us because they were booked but cabin 8 in front of us, which had the water view was in fact vacant. I pleaded with her but she didn’t seem to care at all. I even offered to pay extra but she said they’d rather accommodate someone staying for 2 nights, not 1.

Cabin 6 completely unimpressive, dark, dirty looking, the couch was broken and looked like it was about to break if you sat on it. I had anxiety just being in there.

The bed I slept in downstairs had dirty sheets that smelled bad, the pillows were hard as rocks and the pillow cases smelled like dirty hair. The bathroom floor was dirty so we kept our shoes on the entire time. We were woken up at 6:45am by loud hammers banging in the cabin next door that went on for some time. Rude they couldn’t wait to let their guests sleep in a little.

The biggest issue is that they do nothing to make the customer feel safe during COVID. The cabin smelled like cigarette smoke, no smell of bleach or cleaning products. There was a note on the fridge asking us to wash our own dishes and take out all the trash. Not everyone cleans dishes the same so we were uneasy to use the dishes. I asked what their protocols were for COVID and they had none.

The Worst part is that I now have ring worm on my neck, I assume from the dirty pillows on the bed. My doctor had to give me a prescription to help it. We would’ve been better off camping in a tent.

I will Not be staying here again and I would Not recommend this place, based on the management, the uncleanliness, especially during COVID, and the lack of customer service.

Reviewed 3 September 2020 via mobile

The location is fantastic, two blocks from downtown Helen and right on the Chattahoochee River. The cabin is large and can sleep three comfortably, two in a queen size bed and one adult (or two small children) on a sofa bed.

The bedroom was pretty sad. None of the pillow cases matched and the sheets were old and stained. The bed rail was previously broken and repaired with 1x4s. The TV had excessive cable behind it, about 25 feet.

The kitchen was ok but not well equipped. It had three dinner plates, not four, and some cooking utensils.

The bathroom was nice, but had holes with electrical wires exposed from the removal of a previous fixture.

Service was poor. We had ants in the bedroom. The solution, they gave us a can of Raid for us to spray for bugs. When we needed additional towels, we were told no one was available to drop them off so we had to go get them.

With some effort to perform maintenance, replace towels and linens, this could be a very nice vacation place.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2020 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! I can't believe that I hadn't found this place before. We stayed in a cabin right on the river. The hotel has an extensive riverfront! We were able to drop the tubes in a few steps from the cabin and float all the way to town and then just a quick walk back to do it again! We will definitely stay here again. You get a great deal for your money's worth and plus, they are pet-friendly!

Date of stay: August 2020