Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Fairfield InnUS$151
PricelineUS$151
FindHotelUS$158
Hotels.comUS$151
Expedia.comUS$151
HurbUS$185
All reviews friendly front desk staff grab and go great stay walking distance in town property towels ga
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2020

Like others, I booked a room in this hotel in October for a stay starting December 23rd. At that time the website said the hotel was opening in November. Upon arriving I can confirm that this hotel is nowhere near being ready for its now advertised January 2020 opening and certainly not our Dec check in day. At no time did anyone contact me to say the hotel would not be opening for my stay.

When I called Marriott, they (like me) were unable to reach anyone at the phone number listed for the hotel and since they don’t have any other nearby hotels, we ended up in the Holiday Inn Express. Luckily, we didn’t attempt a check in and Marriott was able to cancel my stay without charging me. Marriott corporate said that in cases like this the new hotel management should have contacted potential customers in advance and cancelled reservations. Looks like “management” at this hotel may already need to be replaced.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AeroJammin
Reviewed 31 December 2019

October 2019 I booked the hotel for a December 26 stay for 2 nights. I did mobile check-in on the 25th (the night before arrival as I do with all of my Marriott stays). I arrived at the hotel on the 26th (a 4 hour drive) only to discover that it was still under construction. I had to stay at the Hampton Inn but could not stay for 2 nights because all of the hotels in Helen were sold out. I contacted Marriott Bonvoy immediately and have not received resolve. I am a Titanium Elite member (I stay more than 75 nights a year with Marriott) and I have not received a formal apology, no follow up, and no resolution or compensation.

2  Thank TrailBlazer259461
Reviewed 27 December 2019

As a long time Marriott rewards member, I made a reservation on the Marriott booking system in October for a family trip from Florida to the mountains for New Year’s eve. A few weeks before the trip, I went online to extend my reservation only to find that the hotel is not opening until January with no booking of rooms. I immediately contacted Marriott customer service via email and phone, I contacted Rewards, I contacted the executive team and I contacted the owner/manager of the hotel. That was 10 days ago and as of December 27, Marriott still has my reservation listed and is sending me emails to upgrade. No one at Marriott has gotten back to me. But I know from contacting the Hampton that the hotel is not opening until January or February and that their parking lot isn’t even paved.
But for going online to look at prices for extending my stay, I would have arrived on New Year’s eve with my family from Florida only to find that we did not have a place to stay. Pathetic!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank bethinmaine1965
Reviewed 5 December 2019 via mobile

I wish I had read the prior review when I confirmed rooms for this coming weekend for a girls weekend to experience the Christmas festivities in Helen. I have contacted the hotel multiple times with no answer, shamefully Marriott Bonvoy is still saying they are “open in December” and as of 10 days out I received a confirmation by email to a hotel that is NOT open. I have directly contacted the General Manager Kris Hoerler (prior GM at the Commerce location) and have had the same response.... NONE. I guess they are ok with their customers showing up with no place to stay. I stay in hotels no less than 150-200 nights/year and can tell you this experience is absolutely baffling and unbelievable! I am returning in September 2020 for a wedding and had planned on booking a block of rooms.... nope, not happening now! These people should be ashamed of themselves and renew their “Southern hospitality”.

2  Thank DreamWishLife
Reviewed 31 October 2019

We booked at this hotel in the summer for a December rental. At that time opening was to be in August or early September. They have now continued to push the date out. We have repeatedly asked for a refund to be able to book somewhere else. The people we speak to say they agree with us and need to check something and will call us back. Then we never hear from them again. These people are supervisors in the CS department. Don't book here. They do NOT care about their costumers. This has also not stopped them from filling up my email with their junk!!!!

Date of stay: October 2019