4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$481
Agoda.comUS$481
TripadvisorUS$481
Travelocity
Hotels.com
All reviews sky bar the penthouse local wineries a fine dining experience beautiful pool scottish theme dinner reservations panoramic view of the mountains lovely resort comfortable sitting area highly recommend this gem valet parking spa services double sinks breakfast and dinner chocolate covered strawberries fourth floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2021

The resort itself is very nice. The valet, bellstaff, concierge are wonderful. We did not visit the spa, so I cannot speak to the staff in the spa.
The restaurant staff however could use some upgrades. We had 7:30 dinner reservations for 2 on Friday evening. We were one of a total of 3 tables of 2 people in the dining room throughout our dinner experience in what is stated as a fine dining experience.
I ordered the filet mignon, my husband ordered the ribeye steak. The food was fine, though the steaks weren't cooked properly. I am not taking that into account in the review.
I never addressed the poorly cooked steaks with the waiter, William as he never approached our table after delivering our meals for us to mention it. They weren't "horrible" so we went ahead and just ate them.
William has the personality of a wet mop. For a waiter in a fine dine establishment, to have zero conversation or "check back in" with your only table in the restaurant seems a bit lacking. It was disappointing. I certainly didn't look to have deep conversation, but the chance to possibly ask about local attractions, etc. might have been a nice touch.
Saturday evening we visited the Sky Bar in the hotel and were surprised to find we could order from the dinner menu we'd ordered from the night before in the restaurant. I highly recommend this, as it's a much better atmosphere and the staff is much friendlier. I ordered the pasta of the day (which happened to be the same as the day before) and I'd been sorry I hadn't ordered it. It was delicious.
The rooms themselves are comfortable, but nothing very special. Don't expect any streaming services on the tv, the Wi-Fi is good.
Housekeeping is not currently doing daily turn down due to covid as of this review 4/12/21. They are however VERY noisy in the mornings when doing their regular room cleanings slamming adjacent room doors.
The resort is dog friendly.
No kids at the resort under 12, which I appreciated. I don't dislike kids, but I enjoyed relaxing without any :)

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2021

We got a deluxe king room. Fantastic. Great layout. Sitting area with fireplace and then the bed area. Two tvs. The bathroom and shower deserve special mention. We were so happy that they are pet friendly. The surrounding area, the hills and landscaping was so beautiful.
We ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a drink at the Skybar served by a very friendly bartender.
We also got massages at the spa.
The service was excellent. All the staff were very friendly and eager to please.
I am so happy that I stayed here and would indeed LOVE staying here again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

This was such a fabulous place to stay. It is in a gated neighborhood somewhat “behind” the main tourist area of Helen. It is so quiet on property. The staff were amazing, kind, and so helpful. I really enjoyed a massage and pedicure. They are looking to expand the spa, so I am looking forward to returning and enjoying the addition. I would highly recommend this place.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bonniemckinney
Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

We were treated like royalty at this beautiful resort tucked away in Helen’s hills. Our room was spacious and comfortable with every amenity The restaurants on site were well staffed and the food was delicious, with a nice variety for every palate.
I honestly cannot commend this entire staff enough. We hope to return often to this welcome retreat!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandyP200
Reviewed 22 February 2021

I decided to book the Comfort & Joy Package for my birthday weekend. The whole experience starting with booking to the spa, the dining, the accommodations through to the check out was absolutely TOP NOTCH! I was treated like royalty by Alex at the front desk as soon as I checked in. The Solasta Spa treatments included (massage & facial) by Cynthia had me so relaxed that it was hard to leave the table! All of the Spa Staff were very professional & accommodating. Those chocolate dipped strawberries were to die for! Lunch in the Caledonia Dining Room was a wonderful treat. The menu had lots of good choices. I would recommend the Chicken Salad Wrap & coleslaw. The attractively decorated room included a panoramic view of the mountains along with a roaring fireplace. Our room was the Penthouse King Suite. Very tasteful & comfortable with a beautiful view on the balcony. We had dinner on the enclosed balcony of The Caledonia Dining Room and were lucky to have Avery as our server. My compliments to the chef also! As an added bonus, Jerry Murdock came over to our table and introduced himself. He and his wife Gayle sure do know what it takes to make you feel welcome and special. Very genuinely nice people who enjoy making you feel special. Breakfast in bed the next day was just the topping on the cake. I would highly recommend this gem in the North Georgia Mountains, you wont regret it!

Room tip: The penthouse suites have the best panoramic views of the mountains