“Delicious! ”
Review of Double D Burger

Double D Burger
Ranked #57 of 277 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve been passing this place for years and always say “We need to eat there one day.” Well, one day finally arrived and I’m so mad we didn’t go sooner. The cheeseburger and onion rings are delicious! We will be back and it will be soon! Maybe next time we’ll try breakfast.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

make no mistake about it this is a burger joint. it has been for nearly 40 years. they know what they are doing and do it well. burgers are hand pattied, toppings are same day fresh. they are served hot off the grill with selected toppings. if you don't like mayonnaise, tell him, and you'll not get any. breakfast is a full meal deal here from ham biscuits to hot cakes they'll gravy their way into your heart. the menu is more than just hot dogs and burgers. they have a buffet line with fried chicken and veggies, but i have never been able to resist the burgers. they have a double bacon cheeseburger i challenge you to try to finish.

1  Thank Bbqman3341
Reviewed 8 November 2017

They serve the best breakfast and great lunches. Biscuits and gravy or all fixings for breakfast. Meats and veggies for lunch or great hamburgers and fries! They're the best around!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I've been eating here occasionally for the past three years, and it's one of my favorite burger places The place is NOT much to look at, and the tile floor is a bizarre mix of sticky and slippery, so watch your step.

The food is typical southern fare and a good value. The people are nice and friendly. I love their double cheeseburger with bacon. It's very big. I like it all-the-way sometimes, but the coleslaw makes it a bit soggy. The patties are fried and juicy and delicious.

I haven't eaten too many other items here, but they have been good (fried okra, etc). I have heard from several people that they love their breakfasts. Maybe I'll stop by in the morning sometime and get a biscuit.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

I've been a customer of Double D for 35+ years. Love their hamburgers and slaw dogs. The meats and veggies are good but I've had better. I would probably eat here more often if the place was cleaner.
Just being honest.