“after 2 more years...same results”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #131 of 283 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Reviewed 1 May 2018

we were seated in one of their tiny two top table which crowded before we sat down. they drink glasses piles up, drinks were promptly replenished but where to keep the empty glasses? same thing with the two salad bowls. the double burger was dairy quality. it was cooked as ordered but the sandwich had zero flavor, the fries were worse. salt would not even help them, nor catsup. it was a dreadful meal. service was sincere, but failed to pull off the most basic of busing skills. we may be back for a third try in another two years unless this is finally it for us. we were absent two years before this visit mostly due to same concerns which all seem to be uncorrected.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I went in with my daughter over the weekend and knew they didn’t really have anything worth eating anymore. I went because she wanted too. Never again. I ordered a $17 fajita meal and asked that the veggies be extra well done. Came out fairly raw, I will be nice and say they were cooked the normal amount. The waitress did tell the manger and they cut my price in half so that was nice but he didn’t come by, she asked if he did and he hadn’t so she told us. The menu picture looked WAY WAY WAY better than the final product. The only good thing on the entree was the guacamole. They have changed the menu so much in the last couple of years they have nothing that I used to like and they are overpriced. The only good thing they have is the Cajun chicken pasta but I don’t want that every time. Also, the hostesses were busy laughs no at customers instead of even acting as if they wanted to help me and when they did all they said was how many and it would be 20 minutes. No welcome or anything.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Great experience. Friendly waitress, who said she was in college at UNG and originally from Conyers. Food was all good, and she paid constant, close attention to us.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with my daughter. Food was good, place was clean. I was not real impressed with the beef tacos but the enchiladas were good. My daughter loved her burger. I wish they would put the salad in a larger bowl. It was hard to eat and didn't have enough dressing. The people were great. Service was great. I'm sure we'll be back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 9 February 2017

They are a decent place to eat but they change the menu too much and i don't like their corporate values and political views. They used to have a country fried steak meal and it was the best thing they had. It is gone. The changed the burger a little but they are still pretty good. The steak are terrible because of the quality of meat they buy. Tough and gristly. That is a more than one time thing. The Cajun pastat is prety awesome too as long as they don't get rid of it too.

Date of visit: December 2016