“Thanksgiving trip”
Review of Grits Cafe

Grits Cafe
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Forsyth
Price range: US$10 - US$38
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We came to Forsyth for Thanksgiving. We love to try new places and new food. This is a small Georgia town with so much history. The Girts Cafe is in one of the older buildings that has been remodeled perfectly. Gorgeous canvas paintings on the wall with bright colored sunflowers. All the staff was very friendly ingredients you and made you feel at home. Our server was Dee and he did a wonderful job making us feel very special. The cheese biscuits melted in your mouth. I had the steak and shrimp with mashed potatoes and gravy. My husband had pasta wood bacon wrapped scallops on top and fried spinach. Love the fried green tomatoes ❤ And at the very end you get this wonderful little piece of chocolate with the restaurants name on it. It was a delightful surprise and great dinner, we will be back. Maybe next time we will sit next to the fireplace. Great place my romantic dinner or a date. Very calm and very quiet.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Food: 4/5: Varied menu with a number of Southern styled dishes. Good fish and beef choices. Service: 4-5/5: helpful, friendly, prompt. Decor: 4-5/5: a bit too dark for me but some people do not mind a dark restaurant but I like to see what I am eating. Clean establishment. Value: 3/5: $$-$$$.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

My wife and I have been here on multiple occasions and always find the food quite good and the service excellent. Our most recent visit was sponsored by our financial advisor and we had a complete meal with appetizers, salad, entree and dessert. All of our expectations were met with even the salad being better than the norm. We had a steak and shrimp combination that was served with mashed potatoes and a fried onion ring! It was all delicious. The cheesecake for dessert was great as well. On the way home, my wife said that she even loved the salad dressing! All in all, if you're looking to take that favorite someone on a special date, this is the place to go!

1  Thank FrankfromGA
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is one of my favorite places to eat. Wide selection of tasty food. I recently took a friend for lunch hear that was born and raised in Forsyth. He had never eaten there. His jaw dropped when we walked in. He kept saying that he just couldn't believe that this is in Forsyth.

2  Thank bswinney170
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Loved this place! The outside is nice but the inside is REALLY BEAUTIFUL! Must see. The food is all southern style. I had a NY strip steak with fried green tomatoes and bacon mac and cheese. It was DELICIOUS! My meal was about $25. They also offer a kids menu which is about $6 per meal. My daughter is VERY picky and she loved their cheeseburger. Not just an average basic plain patty. She gave it "180 thumbs up." The total for our meal was about $65 for the four of us and it was worth every penny. It's very clean and the service was impeccable. I would definitely eat here again and highly recommend anyone in the area to eat here.

1  Thank CjaneBhappy

Been to Grits Cafe? Share your experiences!