See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 October 2017

First time in Ellijay for Ga Apple Festival. Exhausted from our day. Saw the hotel from street, hoped it was not our hotel, but it was. Had already been charged for room, with no refund available. City was packed so we checked in, staff was not friendly. Open be door to strong disinfectant odor in room. Opened door, turned on bathroom exhaust and waited outside until it cleared somewhat (noted as we left for dinner that next room doing the same). Carpet was old and dirty. Towels were small and thin. Bedspreads were sticky dirty, sheets were thin and rough. Seemed clean, but dingy. Pillows were flat. Checked for bed bugs, then washed up. We did not want to use tub/shower. Tub/shower had burn marks on the edge (nonsmoking room). Tub was rough with rust around drain. Left first thing in the am. When checking out (had to return one key card) noted free breakfast. Two choices of dry cereal, two bananas, few pastries, and coffee. We did not eat, but left to find breakfast elsewhere. Will not stay again, very disappointed.

Room Tip: Do more research on hotel. Was not as presented, read more reviews.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I reserved a room through TripAdvisor and registered 2adults/2kids (12&14)/2dogs (yorkies). When we checked in, after interrogating me about why I was staying in Ellijay, the guy was not happy we had 2 kids unregistered and wanted another $15 per night. After I showed him my online registration and argued the price he asked their ages and then said "don't let them trash the room!" Our total was $267.60, I gave him $280 and told him to keep the change. We were gone all the next day and returned with a written note on our door that said "come to the office, you did not pay for your pets" He tried charging us another $50 a night. Not only did I register them online but I also filled out the card and checked "pets". He said he overlooked my card and didn't see I checked the box-how is that my fault. My husband gave him $25 for the pet fee. Now we've paid over $300 for this dump. The only reason we stayed here is it was the only room available in the area. We wanted a fall getaway and had no idea there was a festival going on.
Cigarette burns in the blankets, remote does not work, fridge does not work, water stinks, chairs are broken

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2017

This Inn is secluded, yet close to the old downtown of Ellijay. There are many resturants and antique stores in the downtown area, along with pubs and really nice resturants.

The inn was quaint, in a very quiet area, no issues with safety, and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

While this is not a 5-Star Hotel, it was a very good value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017

This was a simple older hotel with no frills but was a great value for the money. We had a bad experience at the Best Western Mountainview Inn and got the Budget inn last minute. The front desk guy was friendly and helpful. The hotel is definitely not glamorous but a great deal.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Room very much over priced not anywhere near what website suggested. Room smelled so strong of smoke you could choke. Sheets did fit bed and blankets had holes in them. Shower curtain torn and mixed match faucets. This place had the worse ladies that worked there were rude as all get go. And the thing was they took advantage of people cause they knew they had no where to go with there pets. Thus budget inn was no budget at all.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family