“Great service, excellent main course!”
Review of Memphis BBQ Co.

Memphis BBQ Co.
Ranked #11 of 72 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Nice sit down, waiter/waitress establishment. Very clean. Offer many smoked barbecued dishes. Had baby back ribs. Offered dry, wet, or muddy. I chose dry, and they were excellent. Vinegar based sauces. Baked beans were average, okra was fantastic. Cornbread was a little above average, had a sweet flavor to it. Ribs were very tender, not quite fall off the bone, but rich with flavor and smoke. Very good dry rub! Potato salad excellent. Reasonably priced. Did not try dessert, stuffed with great main course! Almost forgot, excellent salads as well.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The baby back ribs are so good you'll wanna thank the pig for it's sacrifice. You will want to get them mudded (rub and sauce combined). The baked beans are very delicious as well. The chicken was dry, and most of the sides where standard fare. The reason you shouldn't pass this place up is the smoked meats. They are cook with heart and a passion for smoke bbq that is second to none.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We stopped by for lunch. We had read the overwhelmingly positive reviews online and were eager to try several items off of the menu. We arrived thirty minutes after the restaurant opened and we were literally the only people in the entire restaurant.

Our waitress was friendly and in a good mood. She brought us a plate of complimentary pork rinds. Normally, we do not like pork rinds, but we tried them anyway; they were crunchy and flavorful. Unfortunately, the pork rinds were the best part of the meal, which isn’t saying much.

The rest of the food was just OK. We had ordered several items off of the menu and none of them were nearly as good as the reviews stated. BBQ nachos? Just OK. Baby back ribs? A little on the dry side. Pulled pork? Dry as well.

Perhaps we visited on an off day? We weren’t sure, but needless to say, we will not be returning.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Ironically located in the spot that used to be Smokey Bones BBQ many years ago and then I think became an Irish pub, this "replacement" is excellent. From the friendly and responsive service, to the hearty portions, and the great "slightly" sweet BBQ sauce on my sandwich, I was very impressed. The value is very good given the large portions. I will say that my corn on the cob side was a bit on the bland side, but my wife and son's french fries were good.

In 22 years living in the Atlanta area, I have found truly good BBQ restaurants to be few and far between for some reason. Being on the north side, Williamson's Brothers, "Q", and Jim n' Nicks had been my favorites. For the BBQ alone, I prefer MBC. We will definitely return and try some of the other items on the menu as well.

I am glad we found out about this place! Good stuff...

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Man I man if you like Memphis style BBQ this is the place to go. We visit
Atlanta about every three months and every time we his this place for kip smacken ribs and pulled pork. Red beans and rice. Man get the feast share it with special someone or take it on by your self. food iswonderful service and wait staff are very attentive. Great for a big lunch or supper as we say in the south.
We get the iced tea nan ain't no better.
Enjoy