“Superb sushi”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-285
Transit: MARTA - Dunwoody stop
Description: Goldfish restaurant is located by Perimeter Mall on Ashford Dunwoody Road. Opened in the summer of 2000. The menu is a combination of pristine seafood, sushi and steaks. They feature the freshest fish from around the world. The interior boasts huge ceiling height and a massive oversized mural from Leigh Smith Cathedral. Housing a 600 gallon salt water aquarium with beautiful sea creatures. Live entertainment nightly makes goldfish one of Atlanta's favorite places to meet for a fabulous cocktail and enjoy a first class dining experience! Our specialties include fresh Chilean Sea Bass prepared Hong Kong Style or one of our Chef's Specials that change daily. EVERY DAY from 4:30- 6:00 pm we offer $5 Fresh Catch of the Day and 1/2 Price 8 oz Filet Mignon and N.Y Strip Steaks. Reservations are recommended but walk-ins are always welcome. Whether you are in the mood for seafood, sushi or steak- Goldfish will exceed your dining desires from start to finish.
Reviewed 15 May 2015

My husband and I decided to try Goldfish on recommendation from a family member. We were absolutely not disappointed!

The restaurant is part of a shopping center, so there is plenty of parking. There is an outdoor patio but with the heat and humidity of Georgia in May, we chose to eat indoors.

We were greeted immediately, and our hosts and server showed classic Southern hospitality in their friendly demeanor and quick service. We started with drinks -- my husband with a craft beer and a peach-themed cocktail for myself. Mine came out smooth, sweet, and cold -- a satisfying drink perfect for a hot spring day.

I started with miso soup, my favorite! It was different from the usual miso in that it had a slightly bitter, crunchy plant (herb?) as a garnish. It wasn't bad, but it was unexpected and definitely not the traditional kind of miso soup that I'm accustomed to eating at home in Pennsylvania. I'd probably get it again, but I prefer the standard.

My husband and I chose to split four different rolls: the classic California roll, a shrimp tempura roll, the Emperor roll, and a roll that had crab salad in it. They were all top notch. The ingredients were clearly fresh, and each roll was made to perfection. My favorite was the crab salad roll -- a perfect blend of saltiness and creaminess. My husband loved the Emperor roll, which consisted of steak and lobster. But there appeared to be no poor choices in rolls on the menu.

As far as pricing goes, it's not cheap. The emperor roll was about $15, and even the cheapest roll was about $7. But it was well worth it for the quality.

If we are ever in Georgia again, we would not hesitate to go back!

Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere, gorgeous fish tank by the hostess stand, and first rate service.
At lunch, the only way to get the free hush puppies for an appetizer is to be in the know and request it. Why don't they just bring everyone some?
What shocked me today was the size of the salmon salad. Small piece of fish and tiny salad for $15. Wow! What a disappointment.

1  Thank panpanda
Reviewed 19 April 2015

I've been coming to Gold Fish for years and simply because the seafood is always fresh and service is good. I come here for business lunch, dinners and join friends that are in the neighborhood. For me, I'm not a fan of the restaurant being part of the mall and the self parking can be a pain…though there is valet if you so desire. Also, in the evenings it can be loud, so just an FYI if you are looking to have a business dinner. As for the food, my favorite item to order is the Sea Bass hong kong style. Simple, yet delicious. The sushi is always fresh and if you don't want something in your roll, they are fresh to order. Service is always exceptional.

1  Thank GlobalGirl07
Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

It was a delight to eat at this restaurant. Even though it was a Saturday night we had no wait. The waiter, Shane, was super. We had a birthday at our table and he made our birthday boy's visit special with a slice of cheesecake. The food is delicious and quite reasonable. It came out on a timely manner. I liked the fact that you could sit and talk and it was a great atmosphere. Would highly recommend. It is close to shopping and hotels.

2  Thank Sputnik_10
Reviewed 19 March 2015

went went here for dinner and they had 1/2 price entrees. A great piece of meat for my son and I. Wife got the fish and everybody loved their meal.

They had a 1\2 off deal before 6pm, but I called back this year to find out it's not offered anymore... .

Still very good and great food. Hard for me to pay double in my mind though...