“Outstanding, but Expensive”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Dined here one night, while staying at a near by hotel.

The food was fantastic... tried the Chowder, a 14 oz Dry Aged NY Strip, Asparagus, and Truffle Fries... all were prepared to perfection and outstanding!

As for the service, it was both friendly and professional... attentive, but not overbearing.

The wine list is notable. We tried "The Prisoner", which was a good value at a little over $90 a bottle for a high-line restaurant.

I would not hesitate to dine here again. It was an outstanding experience, but expensive!

2  Thank forteiii

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We had a wonderful dinner experience this past Thursday night that has made The Capital Grille in Dunwoody our regular fine steakhouse. The staff was wonderful and the food was amazing. The beautiful manager (Paige) and our server (Sydney) went above and beyond to make us feel at home. The calamari is a must and so is the surf and turf steak and lobster. The Lobster Mac & Cheese !!!! "Forgetaboutit".... WOW. Even the bread they serve is addictive. TRY THIS PLACE you won't regret it.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We were pressed f or time so I got a take out order. The ladies at the bar were awesome. They gave me helpful suggestions, and I ordered just about everything. The sliders melted in my mouth. The chicken with the wonderful brown sauce was light but very tasty. My wife loved the shrimp )I thought it was good, but she devoured it). The Brussel sprouts were out of this world too! We will have to return for an actual meal sometime.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Great dinner overall. Steak was tasty and cooked perfect. Waiter provided great service. Au gratin potatoes were great and Brussel sprout were the best I ever had.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

My son treated me to a fantastic dinner on my birthday. He made a reservation for 6pm, we arrived at 5:45 and the table was ready for us. There were decorations sprinkled on the table and a card for me. The restaurant was dark and quiet, the way I like it. Our server Dre was excellent! She offered both of us free Champagne (with a raspberry in the glass), that was very nice. Then she took a picture of us clinking our glasses together. Dre answered my questions about the food and made some recommendations. We had a basket of four varieties of warm bread, they were delicious. The butter was a nice big pat that was not ice cold, which I hate. Our meal came out in a reasonable amount of time. I ordered Filet Mignon, which was wonderful. Dre came by twice to check on the condition of the food. All the meals are Ala Carte, the side dishes are enough for 2 people. Everyone was very attentive, water glasses were refilled immediately without having to ask. Empty plates were removed soon after we finished. Then we got a dessert that was complimentary. My son and I shared a small cheesecake and a flour less chocolate cake. Both were delicious. To add to the great experience Dre presented each of us with a copy of the picture that was taken earlier. Also, she gave me a single rose! It was the best birthday dinner I have ever had! It was an expensive meal, but definitely worth it. Much love and thanks to my amazing son for bringing me to the Capital Grille.