“Fabulous food and fantastic drinks”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 74 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Description: Fogo de Chão is an authentic Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized in fire-roasting high-quality meats for almost 40 years utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo offers guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats, that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors, including the house specialty picanha sirloin, filet mignon, ribeye, and lamb chops to name a few.
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We live about an hour and a half from Fogo De Chao in Dunwoody and also in Buckhead. We switched to the Dunwoody location a couple of years ago because it’s less crowded. Last night it was packed just like the Buckhead location. We had a fantastic waiter Paul but he had his hands full trying to do too many tables. He is not the one that brings the sides to go with your salad and meat. Someone else does that. We did not get the sides to go with our food until about 40 minutes into the meal when we were about done.
I ventured out of my box and got the premium Caipirinha drink last night. It was scrumptious! My daughter-in-law had wine and our son had some kind of passion fruit drink that was delicious! FYI: They do not scrimp on the alcohol!
It was my sons 32nd birthday last night. The manager Jeff was fantastic! He boxed up our son’s dessert for him to enjoy later.

We don’t go to Fogo all the time but we usually go for special occasions like Valentines, all birthdays, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. And we don’t necessarily celebrate on the day. Sometimes we go for lunch and sometimes we go for dinner a day or two before the actual birthday or holiday. You can’t go wrong with the food! Sometimes I won’t even order the meat . I will just get the salad bar. The rest of my family always gets the whole shooting shebang. It’s a great place!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

The food was great. We did not have an attentive waiter Diego is his name. We had to talk with a manager. Be it our first time there. We really wanted to appreciate our first time experience. It showed that his attitude was not helpful from beginning to end. My only thoughts to this, this place is not for the unattentive to detail wait staff. There is so much movement going on. Celebrating our anniversary there was just okay to mention. But kuddos for the manager making a note of this.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

All I can say is wow! Garden bar has everything you could think of. From grilled vegetables to salads, condiments and much more. Soup was great as well. Oh but the star of the show was definitely the meats! Grilled to perfection. Slow roasted. Chicken, pork, lamb, sirloin, filet mignon and so on. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Hope you are hungry because teeny portions are not on tap here. Starting with a delicious market bar with artisan cheeses, sliced meats, fruits and salads, you could full up here, but then you head back for the hot bar to get the soup of the day and on our night a Brazilian black bean stew over rice. And if the sugar and black pepper bacon is on the bar, it's a treat in and of itself. Accompanying those courses, they bring a basket of these amazing puff rolls with cheese inside. We got the specialty non alcoholic drinks, the brazilian lemonade and the Brazilian soda. Then the fun starts, meat meat and more meat. You have a card that is green on one side and red on the other. As long as it's green, the meat will keep coming. Bacon wrapped filet, bacon wrapped chicken, sausage, lamb, ribs, I don't even know because I ended up in a meat coma. Somehow I squeezed dessert in and boy it was worth it too. I had creme brulee and my son had caramelized pineapple. We had reservations and had no wait on a Friday night. It's a spendy dinner, but it was awesome. If you have a special occasion, a special date or just want some special food, Fogo de chao is a great place to consider.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent filet mignon. Wonderful attention to detail and service to match. Definitely not everyday fare. But for that special occasion . . . .