“Good quick bite”
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Ranked #28 of 68 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

French fries were very good and crisp. Burgers and chicken sandwich were yummy. Chicken sausage dog was average... I probably wouldn't order that again. It was a little pricey, but that's expected in a mall setting. Food came out quickly. No self serve ice machine if you get a cup of water. I didn't go to the counter and ask for ice either though.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I visited Shake Shack last night with my wife and son, a bonafide burger connoisseur. Let me start with what is good: the food. Everything was excellent--the burgers, the crinkle-cut fries, the shakes and the lemonade. What is not good is the exorbitant prices.

Shake Shack is in the same category as Five Guys, Culver's and Freddie's--food wise, but not price-wise. What I paid $40 for at Shake Shack, I can get at Five Guys for $32, and Culver's for about $30. That is a 20-25% premium! Worse yet, the Shake Shack burgers are considerably smaller (so says my son, who knows). So, too, with the order of fries. This suggests Shake Shack is charging at least a 40% premium over these other alternatives. Not. A. Good. Deal.

If you want a great burger, go to Shake Shack . . . or Culver's (my favorite), or Freddie's, or Five Guys. But if you want to pay a reasonable price, don't subject yourself to a Shakedown.

1  Thank JA M
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This was my 2nd time coming to Shake Shack, my 1st time at this specific location. We received our food about 5-7 minutes after placing the order. The service was great and everyone who worked there was friendly. A manager of the restaurant came and checked on us about halfway through our meal to make sure everything was ok. The Smokeshack burger was made fresh and tasted delicious. The same can be said for the bacon and cheese fries. After we finished eating an employee eagerly took our trash for us. After eating we decided on a chocolate cookies and cream milkshake which was GREAT!! Highly recommend here for burgers, fries, and shakes.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Have been back to Shake Shack a couple of times since my first review in February, mostly because our son seems to like it. On subsequent trips since February of this year, my view is that the burger is not as good as I originally thought. That first time I had the one with bbq sauce and shallots. I think the flavor was good, but deceptive. Once you take away the bbq sauce, and order the regular shake Shack burger, it's really not fantastic. The burger and fries are over salted. The last visit was yesterday and will be my last for a long time. The cheese melted to the point that it was a mush inside the buns. I am going back to an old fave, Fuddruckers and have to give it "the best burger" award for the Atlanta and Alpharetta area. The hype of Shake Shack is over!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Great hamburger and chocolate concrete. I have been to a few of these across the country. They produce the same quality food in Austin as well as Atlanta

Been to Shake Shack? Share your experiences!