“Great Atmosphere...”

California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #26 of 454 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Voted “Best Ribs Sauce” at the Rock’n Ribfest; California Dreaming serves up hearty, much-loved American classics. Start with Barbecue Chicken Nachos to curb your cravings; then slow-cooked Prime Rib, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs or Knob Hill Chicken – a giant marinated chicken breast topped with ham and cheese. Offering private party dining options for catering and large party carry-out; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups any size. California Dreaming actively supports the community, with a focus on area schools.
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We were a party of 19 in town for a graduation. After numerous phone calls to more popular restaurants in the area, this restaurant was one of only a few that would allow us to make a reservation. We were seated immediately however it did take a while for our food to arrive. Despite a few minor mistakes with some of the orders; our party was pleased with the food and service. Special thanks to the manager for allowing us to make a reservation. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

My wife and I have workplaces not far from each other, and she loves locating good Salad places. California Dreaming was one of her top choices in the area, and despite not being naturally attracted to salads, I agreed to tag along one day for Lunch.

The ambiance was inviting as we stepped in, with a central courtyard, and wood finished surrounding, and a look of spaciousness. It was a busy lunch hour with a lot of people, but they have plenty of seating. We did not have to wait. My wife ordered her favorite from the previous visits: the California Dreaming Salad and asked for it to be shared. I was not so convinced it would fill me up, so ordered a Chilli as a backup.

THe Salad was served split for us on 2 plates, and looked very appealing. My Chilli that really was not necessary, was OK - I have had better ones, probably not what the crowd wants here. The salad was good till the last bite, feeling tasty and healthy at the same time. And ample in proportion tool The pricing on the menu is a bit on the higher side, but they do have the upscale maintenance to keep up with, so no complaints!

Definitely a good place to go to taste a Yummy salad!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I have been to California Dreaming a few times and each time the food was great and service was awesome!

Their salads are great and the portions are very big, so be prepared to have an appetite when you go. The glazed butter croissant they serve with the salads are to die for - you an even order them as an appetizer.

I enjoyed the atmosphere very much - large booths and a huge palm tree in the middle of the restaurant - really nice!

I am sure the restaurant is even nice in the evening for those romantic dinners.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We used to love going to California Dreaming Restaurant and it has been a while since we've been there. We ordered the Dreaming Salad as we always do because it was always so good. This time it was "watered down". Also, they have changed their wonderful croissants to a more "bread-y" type of croissant...not their usual delicious ones. The Potato Soup which was also delicious also tasted "watered down" and they changed the potatoes in the soup. Nothing was what it used to be. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Ok i went as a wedding party of only 15, Not too big or challenging. Everyone was quick with their drink order and everyone was quick on what they wanted to eat. It was one after the other real quick not hard. We had two kids in the party that had to wait over an hour for hot dogs and fries. Kids shouldn't wait that long for food. Everyones food took entirely too long to arrive. Two people in our party got their food as others was getting to go boxes. Not to mention the bride in the wedding party was the last person to get her food. I would understand this if the place was crowded but it wasn't. They re were alot of empty seats and booths next to us. So after the hour and a half wait for food we were done eating and had to wait another hour for them to bring our checks. Everyone's checks had mistakes and over charges on it. The manager didn't even come to our table to apologize personally. They ran my card after i realized they over charged me. So instead of fixing the issue i was informed that they can't do refunds so instead i got a ten dollar gift card for their restaurant?!! Food was good but that can only get you so far if the service is terrible. I won't be coming back here. Note to yourself if your going to a restaurant on a Friday night and the parking lot is not packed...there's a reason for it.

1  Thank TravelingJones31
CentraArchy-Rest, Guest Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Thanks for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry we let you and your family down yesterday. I called Greg, our Operating Partner, about your experience. He was apologetic and is going to talk to our team right away. He would personally like to discuss the situation and see if we can help resolve your experience. If you could, please send your contact information offline at gbalise@californiadreaming.rest, we look forward to talking with you.