“Expensive indulgence”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 476 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pleasant Hill Road
Description: The Melting Pot is Atlanta’s Premier fondue restaurant offering an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, an award winning wine list & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & delectable chocolate fondue desserts. To enhance your dining experience, we offer over 250 wines and have a sommelier on premise. Make your reservation today for your “Perfect Night Out". NOTE: OpenTable reservations are for full MEAL service ONLY. For “DESSERT ONLY” Reservations you must call the Restaurant directly at…..
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I had been to the Melting Pot before, so I knew what I was getting myself into. It is a pricey endeavor, and best for groups and celebrations (with people who are prepared to pay $50+ each for dinner), or couples who enjoy a long meal and lots of conversation. I took a friend here who had never heard of fondue. "So...I don't get it. You have to cook your OWN food..? AND it's expensive??" But he was quickly won over. This is an experience you should have at least once in your lifetime, and having owned a fondue set I only used once, I can tell you that it's almost as expensive to do this at home yourself as to go out and have everything cut and prepared for you. You're not only paying for fine cheeses and meats, you're paying for the ambience, experience, and convenience of having everything pre-prepared for you so that you can simply enjoy the food and meat that you've cooked to your preference.

The usual menu is three courses:
1. Cheese fondue blend in which you dip a variety of breads, raw vegetables, and chips
2. Main course with 5 types of meat, seafood, or a combination of both, as well as potatoes, mushrooms, and broccoli to cook in a beef or vegetable broth.
3. Dessert course with a blend of chocolates or chocolate and candy flavors and dessert treats and fruits to dip in it - strawberries, bananas, pineapple, rice crispy treats, brownies, and pound cake.

We dined here on a Sunday night in August, and did not have reservations. The greeter hesitated as if it might be a problem, and had to check the reservation list before admitting us, which I thought was odd since the restaurant was only about 2/3 full. Nevertheless, we were seated right away and our server was friendly and attentive. He quickly explained the process before each course, made a few recommendations, and then left us to decide. Diners have at least 6 choices of combinations for each course. He answered all of our questions in a friendly, helpful way, and brought our food and drink refills promptly, then prepared the cooking pots in front of us while he explained the ingredients he was adding and the cooking times for each of the meat and seafood selections.

For a few dollars more, they throw in a salad. We were starving, so of course, we got the salads, expecting them to be tiny side salads, but they weren't. We soon regretted the extra unnecessary food. Each guest has his/her own plate of cut meat and seafood portions, and it's a lot of food, especially considering the fact that the entire meal is eaten slowly over a few hours. You get full during the main course, and then it's harder to enjoy the dessert. Harder, not impossible. I ended up eating only half of the main course, and then cooked the rest and boxed it to take home. The meat was absolutely delicious. I particularly enjoyed the pork. There are a variety of dipping sauces served with the main meal, and again, the waiter explained what the sauces were, and which meats or seafood each sauce complimented.

If you don't mind a pricier splurge, and wish to have a pleasant dining experience that spans 2 or 3 hours, this is a great choice. It's fun - and even entertaining - as long as you are with company that appreciates this kind of experience. Be aware: there is only one melting pot for the table per course, so diners have to agree on the food combinations. The first time I dined at a Melting Pot in Hawaii, I was with some friends, one of whom did not want to try ANYTHING out of the ordinary. We ended up with nacho cheese dip, one type of meat for the main course, and plain milk chocolate for dessert. (She's also the one who wanted to spend the entire vacation in Hawaii at the pool. And no. I was not the one who invited her.) In my opinion, it's not worth the money if you're just going to order what you usually eat. So bear this in mind when you consider who you'd like to invite!

Hope that helps! Enjoy!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

And that's not a negative heading, just a thought! LOL
My friend supposedly had never had fondue before, so I searched for a suitable place. Though Melting Pot is a chain restaurant, they know what they are doing when it comes to fondue, at least here in the South! Great courses, and wonderful service. Well done!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We were visiting the area and could not agree on a place for dinner until we came across Melting Pot. We didn't have a reservation, but it was not busy so we were seated immediately. I have been to Melting Pot in other cities before, so I knew how everything worked. The waiter and his trainee were very helpful and the service was excellent. The host at the door was funny and charming. As always the Ying-yang chocolate dessert fondue was amazing!!

1  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

The Melting Pot is always amazing when we go but we reserved the ultimate romance package this time with wine pairings, champagne toast and chocolate covered strawberries. I feel like we stole from the restaurant because we walked out spending only $129 after a 4 course meal. And to top it off, our server even gave us extra dippers with dessert! The wine pairings from the sommelier were spot on. Melting pot never fails to impress. This is exactly why we go back year after year for our anniversary!

2  Thank Gina C
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Great time, no rush on trying to get us out. $$$ but worth it! Food was great, service was fine. Good wine selection. We had a great time.

2  Thank dixyangel2000

Been to Melting Pot Restaurant? Share your experiences!