“Great first date and celebration”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 459 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pleasant Hill Road
Description: The Melting Pot is Atlanta’s Premier fondue restaurant offering an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, an award winning wine list & fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to a get-together with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. The Melting Pot offers the highest quality fresh ingredients, a variety of cooking styles, unique sauces & delectable chocolate fondue desserts. To enhance your dining experience, we offer over 250 wines and have a sommelier on premise. Make your reservation today for your “Perfect Night Out". NOTE: OpenTable reservations are for full MEAL service ONLY. For “DESSERT ONLY” Reservations you must call the Restaurant directly at…..
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Our first visit to Melting Pot Restaurant. Didn't know how the food was served, cooked, or eaten. Jennifer, our waitress was excellent. She recommended things on the menu based on our taste and it was spot on. The stove tops on our table were slow to heat up and made the delay longer than expected. Once we started going it was on and popping. Don't order the big feast which is 45 per person. Its really to much food, you get tired of cooking it and then you don't have room for dessert.

1  Thank W0rldtraveler2012

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Our family has eaten at all three of the Melting Pot restaurants in Atlanta. While the food is excellent at all three locations, the service from the entire staff at the Duluth location sets them apart from the others. They were adequately staffed unlike some of the other locations. This made eating at the restaurant more enjoyable.

1  Thank thesimpsons05
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Always amazing. Have been coming here for years. We've had a number of different servers who have all been awesome (Mike most reciently) but the manager always stops by to check on us.

1  Thank 328ijunkie
Reviewed 30 November 2016

There are people who don't understand The Melting Pot--"You have to cook your own food!?!" But those of us who love the Duluth Melting Pot and others (we have also been to the one near the Fox Theater in Atlanta and one in Orlando multiple times), know that the whole concept is to slow down, focus, actually take time and only use cell phones to let the servers take pictures of us as we enjoy amazing food and each other. This is a restaurant for celebrations, like our oldest daughter's 20th birthday and our 20th anniversary, and to also enjoy as a treat, like the times when my husband and I and daughter and I enjoyed the Orlando Melting Pot when we visited Universal Studios theme park on two different vacations. Taking those we love to enjoy what is more than just a meal--more of a "moment in time" experience--says so many things. For our daughters, we were telling them, "you are worth this, and I love being with you!" The times my husband and I have gone, we have just celebrated God's gift to us of each other and the years He's given us together. The service is always top-notch, and we always love the food. Those who don't understand "cooking your own food" at a restaurant, may never get it. But we do!

2  Thank Mialuna70
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I had an exceptional experience here. This is by far one of the best kept secrets at Gwinnett Place. It's tucked away in a plaza that I've overlooked for years. Unlike popular eateries in the area, you cannot see it from the street.

Once there, we were immediately greeted by a full bar including a myriad of bottles and champagne flutes.

They are certainly selling an overall experience. From the dim lights to the decor along the wall everything was very well crafted.

This was my first experience at a fondue restaurant so the menu was a little overwhelming. OMG! So many choices! So much to choose from. Lucky for me I was with someone that knew a thing or two about fondue.

I love spicy stuff! I just do. We decided on the fiesta cheese to start. They added a bunch of jalapeños but the cheese fell short. When I make salsa or guacamole the jalapeños are burning the tip of my tongue! Not sure where they got these but I was less than impressed. The manager came over to check on us & could tell I was not feeling it. He immediately went to the kitchen for more supplies. Wow! Service with a smile.

Upon his return, he had more jalapeños, tabasco sauce & YES MORE CHEESE! He whipped everything up right there & then. It still wasn't very hot but the Tabasco gave it more flavor.

Now to the entree. I had seafood & they had all the meat stuff. They brought out a pot of hot broth. We then cooked our veggies & meats in the broth. I was a little nervous but my salmon & shrimp came out perfectly! They were juicy & not over cooked. And it only took a few minutes.

We got there late so we too the dessert to go. I got the creme brûlée white chocolate that came with rice crispies, strawberries, marshmallows, brownies and pound cake. EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING!!!

This was quite the interesting experience. Never done this before but would surely do it again. Our server was Drake & he was the best! Very knowledgeable, friendly & helpful.

Be sure to stop by & tell them ASH SAID IT sent ya!!!

1  Thank ashsaidit