All reviews bahama breeze front desk breakfast area baseball tournament highly recommend this facility exercise room worked great marriott app yogurt newer hotel stone mountain stores and restaurants waffle maker the hotel staff super nice beds were comfortable fast food
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I was told when I checked in that breakfast is at 6:30AM. I came down for breakfast the morning of 8/13/2018 at 6:30 to find lights off and staff just beginning to setup. I had to ask for a plate as they weren't out yet. Then, I tried to toast a bagel but the toaster wasn't working. Then, I tried to get a yogurt but the fridge was still locked. I tried to get fruit but the plastic wrap was still tightly wrapped. After about 15 minutes, staff had enough stuff out for me to at least eat something. While waiting, I noticed the health rating of 81 which was concerning and the taste of the sausage and eggs made me even more concerned about the safety of eating the breakfast. The eggs were tasteless and rubbery. When I left the breakfast area at 7AM, staff was just setting out the napkins. As a business traveler that has a routine and tries to leave the hotel by 7, this was unacceptable. I checked out early and now stay at the Comfort Suites on Shackleford where the health rating is 100 and food is good. Note, this was the third time over a few year's time that I had given Fairfield another try after a bad experience.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
DukeHotels, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Dear Skyworld_10,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that the food quality of our breakfast was not up to par and that we fell short of your expectations. We appreciate your insight and assure you we are always looking for ways to improve. We will make note of your feedback as we plan future changes to our breakfast offerings. Your patience is appreciated, and we hope to have the opportunity to make sure your next stay is outstanding in every respect.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Questions were answered, and they made it their business to make sure we were comfortable. Any concerns were addressed in a timely manner. I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
DukeHotels, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place to future guests. Our goal is to provide a welcoming environment and comfortable stay, and it looks like we succeeded. Your comments about our staff are awesome. We're very proud of our team of great people. Thanks again for the great review, and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2018

On 6-21-18 we stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place. To say we were disappointed was an understatement. Upon arriving into the room, we routinely pull back the sheets to inspect the beds. The pictures below show what we found; hairs in one picture, a huge stain, and sheets that did not appear to be changed - which happened to be the bed we found the hairs in. We notified the front desk a nice man came up to change the sheets but did not have the correct size and ended up moving our room. The manager never contacted us regarding this situation which was disappointing. Furthermore, the pool had so many chemicals and was so hot we could barely breathe being in the pool area. I am very disappointed with the lack of cleanliness and customer service.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
DukeHotels, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear brads1111,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are truly sorry we failed to deliver the outstanding accommodations and service that we typically provide. Your feedback is important to us, and we assure you that we are working hard to ensure the issues you outlined are corrected and do not happen again. We do hope you’ll consider staying with us again as we want you to experience our hotel as you should have on this visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I'm always a big fan of Fairfield Inns, but this one was really great! Our check-in was a BREEZE! I elected to do mobile check-in via the Marriott app and when we arrived, they had our keys ready and we didn't even have to stop at the desk (literally 2 minutes MAX just to get the keys they already finished for us). The night front desk gentleman was super nice, probably one of the nicest front desk folks I've met, and really pleasant even though it was 11pm! I wish I had taken down his name so I could give him a commendation upon check-out, but unfortunately I forgot.

The room was VERY clean and comfy. Lived the stand up shower and the whole bathroom set up! The A/C worked great, and the bead was very comfortable.

Breakfast was awesome! I love how the FI&S always has the dedicated breakfast area....and I LOVE their cheese omelettes. Not gonna lie, sometimes I will choose them solely b/c I know they'll have those awesome omelettes in the morning!!

Check-out was also a breeze (once again, I used the app). If I'm ever in the area again, I'd definitely stay here!

Room tip: Definitely use the Marriott App! It saves you time!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DukeHotels, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Ricky C,

Thank you for choosing us. We are happy you enjoyed your visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place. Our goal is to provide a welcoming environment and a comfortable rest, and it looks like we succeeded. We're very proud of our team of great people and your comments about them are awesome. Thanks for the great review, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I have been traveling the country for a few weeks now and staying st various Marriott properties and I must say this hotel was the best! The service was fantastic and the staff was super! Particularly Ms. Cole and Nadia. Ireland Allen. They were friendly and very knowledgeable about the hotel and its amenities. Ms. Cole also handle a concern I had concerning the Cable Carrier, and an issue I had with another guest during the breakfast hour on June 15th! The guest changed the TV in the dining area to the Fox News channel without asking other guests whether they were watching, disrespecting everyone. Ms. Cole was very respectful snd handle the situation to my satisfaction. My only concern now is that this hotel unblocked the MSNBC channel in all of the Suites to give different perspectives on political issues. Overall very nice Hotel! I will return in s heartbeat!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
DukeHotels, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear james n,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Gwinnett Place. We are glad you had a great time at our hotel and especially appreciated the excellent service provided by Cole. Please be assured we will share your compliments with her. We value your suggestion with regard to the television and have taken a note of it. Thank you once again for being loyal to our grand, and we look forward to welcoming you and friends back soon!