“Tasty food and great service”
Review of Taste Of Thai

Taste Of Thai
Ranked #6 of 186 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Finding good non-chain restaurants in new cities always seems problematic. We visited the area from Texas and were looking for a place that would be accommodating to vegetarians and taste great. We found it in Taste of Thai. The menu did not explicitly state that tofu could be substituted for the "meat" additions to the dishes, but when we asked the waiter, he enthusiastically responded, "Of course!" Sold! The menu had the typical Thai dishes that are prepared by most Thai restaurants, and a few we had never had before. The soup served with the meal was chicken coconut and the non-vegetarian in our party thought it was great. When I received my dish I tasted it and realized I forgot to ask for the number 3 spicy. Our waiter ran to the back and provided me a pepper concoction that kicked it up perfectly and had me sweating and my nose running in no time. Perfection! Oh, and if you're not from around these parts, don't forget to tell them you want UNsweetened tea if that's your thing; sweet tea is "regular" tea here... This website wouldn't let me rate the service or the value, but I would give both 5 stars... We got three entrees, an appetizer, and three drinks for $30.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We've been here a few times with friends who introduced us and we love it! It's got great atmosphere and first-rate service. If you're adventurous and try something on the menu that you haven't tasted, they will happily make it more or less spicy for you. If you like Thai/Japanese food you will enjoy this little gem of a restaurant.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Ordered up take out and was not disappointed at all, The meals were hot and fresh. They were able to suit the spiciness level to each of our tastes and it was all done perfectly. The chicken curry is out of this world, just love it! Will definitely be going back soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Lunch at around $7 was very reasonable. Enjoyed the Panang chicken curry with green bell peppers and rice that soaked up the pleasant curry sauce. Nice bite-size slices of tender chicken pieces. The menu has a pepper symbol next to the hot items for diners who want to kick it up a notch. A bowl of white creamy coconut soup is served with the lunch entree, which I didn't care for. I would have preferred a clear broth or noodle soup. The place is a small, local neighborhood find. I liked that it was not noisy. Service was friendly. Will go again, and would definitely recommend. It's a shame they don't have a website, to be able to view their selections and call for take-out.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

There are not many places like this in Douglasville, it is not your typical Americanized Asian cuisine. Very authentic options here and something for everyone. Everything is cooked fresh, so the service king same kind of slow - But it's well worth the wait.