“Birthday dinner was wonderful, an absolute hit!”

Gumbeaux's a Cajun Cafe
Ranked #1 of 185 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I took my husband to Gumbeaux's for his 60th birthday. Our waiter was Brent, he was a wealth of information since this was our first time there. He brought us samples of 3 different gumbo's and soups to try. All were amazing. My husband had a seafood dish called something Ponchatrain. It was huge and he said it was heavenly. I had the blackened chicken, nice and tender, spicy too. Hubby also was given a choice of a free dessert for his birthday. He picked the key lime pie. He said it was the perfect blend of tart and sweet.
Great service all the way around. Good food and good times. Can't wait to go back again.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank MrsMikeP

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I love this place and that is after only one visit. The gator tail appetizer was excellent and the craw fish etouffee was superb. The portions were huge and tasty. We got lucky and walked right into a table early evening on a Friday. That is highly unusual.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This restaurant usually has a long wait and the host was somewhat surly, but most of the food is pretty good. The Bayou Fried Gator was excellent and the Dixie Jambalaya was tasty and a very large portion, although it would have been better if they had included shrimp. The Fried Shrimp Po Boy was unspectacular. The service left quite a bit to be desired (our server never came back to ask if we wanted more water or drink refills).

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Food came out cold, floor was full of food, waiter was horrible. Just the smell of the restaurant was almost enough to not go in. We had bragged about Gumbeaus's to our friends and then had to apologize to them. We will NEVER go there again.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Bruce I
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Finally got my wife in here while in the Douglasville area. Had eaten here right after they opened until about 2000 & then was out of the area for a while. The food is as good as any that you'll find northeast of Louisiana, I lived in La for 21 years.
She thought this was the best she has had. We both had the Fried Green Tomato Stack with Crab Cake & Crawfish sauce, excellent. Price was right with food, service was great. You definitely have to time it right to get seated without a long wait, but it is all worth the wait.

Date of visit: May 2017